ok are thunder advance banned in asa

boooom2

Outstanding Bad Dealer
I heard last year they where but still i see a couple teams use one in a game and i just wanted to really know and if not **** get me some

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
I know they're no longer allowed to be produced with the ASA stamp on them. Not sure they're "banned"... but then again, local leagues can use whatever they want (one league I play in let's us use any 44/375 ball. another one I play in let's us use any 44/375 w/ASA stamp).

boooom2

Outstanding Bad Dealer
Ok well if any one has any 44/375 and eoukd trade me forone of my gloves or maybe a 2nd batch juggy let me know

lamsw

Addicted to Softballfans
I looked but didn't see
Dudley Composite MLT 12 RF 80
Dudley Composite MLT 12 RF 80Y

^^ These are the Thunder Advance

As with everything else "banned" in ASA play, it only applies to sanctioned tournament play only. Local leagues can do whatever they want (like leagues that allow any bat with ASA stamp, etc.). Most leagues pay more attention to "banned" bats than balls anyway.

Yeah, if your league doesn't check (which they most likely won't) then I'd get some Thunder Advance and Thunder ZN's.

tjsully47

He hates these cans !!
My asa league uses 44 375 thunder sy's and they are awesome compared to the Baden utrip balls and spirit NSA balls in my other leagues .

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
There are exactly zero ASA-approved Thunder Advance models.

If it has a stamp, it's an old ball that's since been moved to the non-approved list. If it doesn't have a stamp, it's never been ASA approved. Irishmafia is pretending there's a world where Dudley might one day, hypothetically release a super-secret non-multilayer Thunder Advance (even though the whole idea behind the Advance line is multilayer...), in the process recycling the name to make saying "Thunder Advances aren't approved" technically incorrect. He's going to tell you that widely understood colloquially phrasings are entirely wrong.

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
There are exactly zero ASA-approved Thunder Advance models.

If it has a stamp, it's an old ball that's since been moved to the non-approved list. If it doesn't have a stamp, it's never been ASA approved. Irishmafia is pretending there's a world where Dudley might one day, hypothetically release a super-secret non-multilayer Thunder Advance (even though the whole idea behind the Advance line is multilayer...), in the process recycling the name to make saying "Thunder Advances aren't approved" technically incorrect. He's going to tell you that widely understood colloquially phrasings are entirely wrong.