Okay Lefties....

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
I'm only going to say 2 things. T work and sandals aren't helping you in any way. Second, you don't seem to release your upper body and continue all the way around. You only rotate partially with your shoulders and you could be losing some power due to that.

johnboy74

Addicted to Softballfans
I was just going to say...

I'm only going to say 2 things. T work and sandals aren't helping you in any way. Second, you don't seem to release your upper body and continue all the way around. You only rotate partially with your shoulders and you could be losing some power due to that.

I bet he kills a lot of pitchers due to his shortened swing. A guy on my team (A lefty himself) does the same thing.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
What in the hell are you hitting lefty for??? It looks like your top hand is a little too strong on this. Gripping the bat a little too tight and restricting your freedom a bit. I can tell you this though.....It looks a hell of a lot better than my righty swing.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
are you a natural lefty? being able to hit oppo from the right side of the plate is way more effective than hitting pull as a lefty. and hitting to right field makes for a much tougher throw to 3rd. seems no matter how many times you hit to RF, they never ever put a 'shift' on you that way. they might move center over a bit, but as long as you can swing true and put one into left when needed, RF is always wide open it seems, but only for the righties

basically what i'm saying is there's no need to hit lefty in slopitch unless you're a natural lefty

JJR12

Addicted to Softballfans
What in the hell are you hitting lefty for??? It looks like your top hand is a little too strong on this. Gripping the bat a little too tight and restricting your freedom a bit. I can tell you this though.....It looks a hell of a lot better than my righty swing.

Hey, why not bat lefty, :D??? I am actually using an overlap grip... I can feel the gripping to tight though.... I will just have to force myself to relax...

Oh I think maybe I am shortening my swing because earlier I hit the side of the garage with my follow through... ooopssss!!!!

JJR12

Addicted to Softballfans

LOL.. yeah it was a little impromptu tee work session... Needed to blow off some steam, and what a better way to refocus some energy than to do a little contructive BP??

Thanks for the advice, I will try to implement the rotation of the shoulders more...

I bet he kills a lot of pitchers due to his shortened swing. A guy on my team (A lefty himself) does the same thing.

Actually I wouldn't know... Never batted lefty in a game before.. :eek:

SMAC

mmmmmm...beeeer
Looks like that swing would be pretty good for punching oppo.

The right handed swing is only slightly more fluid then your left-handed swing. It probably doesn't feel that way to you, but it looks that way.

JJR12

Addicted to Softballfans
Looks like that swing would be pretty good for punching oppo.

The right handed swing is only slightly more fluid then your left-handed swing. It probably doesn't feel that way to you, but it looks that way.

That would be because I am a Righty :D but yes my right hand swing feels more fluid... :D

JJR12

Addicted to Softballfans
You should stick to being a righty unless you like being thrown out at first :)

Yeah I know, but I want to hit one out both as a righty and as a lefty... :D:D:D

Also it would be nice to be able to switch things up when I get into that funk batting Righty... turn around and hit lefty for a few to snap out of it and then be good to go... :D

AveregeJay

Banned User
Yeah I know, but I want to hit one out both as a righty and as a lefty... :D:D:D

Also it would be nice to be able to switch things up when I get into that funk batting Righty... turn around and hit lefty for a few to snap out of it and then be good to go... :D

You are so selfish!! :rolleyes: :D

SMAC

mmmmmm...beeeer
That would be because I am a Righty :D but yes my right hand swing feels more fluid... :D

You could probably hit left handed with some success after a year of practice. I have a bud that hadn't swung right handed in about 10 years. He's dead pull as a lefty so teams started doing crazy shifts this year having 6 people on that side and pitching him inside. So.... He switches mid AB to righty and reminds the umpire the pitcher has 5 seconds to pitch. :D. He's done it 6-7 times this year and is batting 1.000. Really pisses the other team off and they ***** and moan about how "unfair" it is that he can switch between pitches. Makes me laugh my ass off.

Last edited:

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
I now it is hard to practice hitting solo, but I never thought tee-hitting was good practive for anything but tee-ball. One of those pop-up thingies is better, IMO, as at least the ball is moving...

SMAC

mmmmmm...beeeer
I now it is hard to practice hitting solo, but I never thought tee-hitting was good practive for anything but tee-ball. One of those pop-up thingies is better, IMO, as at least the ball is moving...

If you want to change your swing, hitting off a tee is more important for mechanics then live BP. Professional baseball players tend to hit more off a tee then then do in live BP.

JJR12

Addicted to Softballfans

Tee work is great for working on your mechanics....