Old Made New Gloves Before & Afters

Jimbo81

Krueger #15
Is it pretty easy to relace a glove? Have not had to do it before, but wanting to dress up the glove a bit!

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Is it pretty easy to relace a glove? Have not had to do it before, but wanting to dress up the glove a bit!

It's easy to run lace through chasing the existing lace if you're patient and methodical. Maintaining neat lines & clean knots takes practice & not worth it to most as it takes awhile to get where you can move at a good pace. I assume most guys that relace gloves do it as more of a hobby they enjoy than a big money making venture.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I can't believe how dry those gloves are and how well they're rejuvinated, looks great. I'm going to give the new glovolium a try & see how it works now that it's not petroleum based & much cheaper than lexol, we'll see.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
It's easy to run lace through chasing the existing lace if you're patient and methodical. Maintaining neat lines & clean knots takes practice & not worth it to most as it takes awhile to get where you can move at a good pace. I assume most guys that relace gloves do it as more of a hobby they enjoy than a big money making venture.

Once I figure in the supplies (lace, felt, HDPE, cleaner, conditioner) and tools (needles, pliers, scissors, etc.), I make about $5-$9 per hour. Gloves that arrive in really rough shape can eat up a lot of hours.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Once I figure in the supplies (lace, felt, HDPE, cleaner, conditioner) and tools (needles, pliers, scissors, etc.), I make about $5-$9 per hour. Gloves that arrive in really rough shape can eat up a lot of hours.

Exactly why i only do local stuff, want to keep it something I enjoy periodically rather than turning into work that has to get done.

17HnH

Old Made New Glove Relacing Owner
Exactly why i only do local stuff, want to keep it something I enjoy periodically rather than turning into work that has to get done.

Bingo. I do a decent amount of out of state gloves too, but local is best. And yes, it's not a money making venture. $5-$9/hour is generous Rous:)

17HnH

The Louisville Slugger needed each finger stall stretched back open (meat beater handle) for a day each. Lace flaked and crumpled as I clipped it out. Glove was a 12.75", but after water damage and microwave abuse, my 12 year old son couldn't get his hand in it. It shrunk significantly. It smelled of mildew bad. Got it back to a decent status so the owner could save it for his son's shelf. Roughest one to date.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Bingo. I do a decent amount of out of state gloves too, but local is best. And yes, it's not a money making venture. $5-$9/hour is generous Rous:)

Haha, maybe $3-$7 is more accurate... didn't want to sound like too much of an idiot for doing this. Nice to get a pattern I know by heart. Mitts can be a time suck too.

fuzzai

Starting Player
Hmmmm. That can't be right, I believe someone actually makes money in a pyramid scheme. :D

Only the guy at the top. Seems in this case it would be the glove & supply vendors! :p

I tried a first relace on a rawlings trapeze. omg that trap pissed me off so much ;) And i thought the palm would be the worst part. lol

Nice work OP!

17HnH

Doing more and more older gloves from guys childhood along with their father's old mitt.

17HnH

Owner's dog chewed off the thumb. Also swapped the mod trap for an h-web. Nice custom HOH.

17HnH

These are just 3 of my all time favorite gamers from the past (still have the Leather Head).