Older bats question

MorganGrafixx

Extra Hitter
Anyone have a resource for older bats with pictures? I was taking BP yesterday and pulled out an OLD blue Louisville Slugger metal bat with most of the markings worn off of it. I hit it very well and would like to use it in games, but I'm not sure it's legal since most of the markings are gone. Not too sure if it never had any association stamps on it or if they've just worn off. I'm leaning towards it not being legal because it sounds nothing like my other 3 metal bats. Sounds like composite...unless you take one off the end. It will damn sure remind you that it's metal then. One guy asked me if it was composite, and I told him no, but the sound of it would suggest otherwise. I don't know the history of when composites came onto the market, but I'm sure this bat pre-dates them. I think I bought it from Sports Auth. about 7 years ago. Thanks for the help guys!

MorganGrafixx

Extra Hitter
Why would you swing an old metal in a game? Do you like being at a disadvantage?

Nah, just never could afford the composites. Too afraid to use someone else's bat for fear of damaging it and having to pay for it. I don't do too bad with metal anyway. For the most part, in a tourney day, playing 5 games, there might only be 3 times where I don't make it on base. More often than not, I'm on 2nd comfortably. But nothing against composites though...if I could afford one, I'd have one.

dr0p

w0cka fl0cka
Nah, just never could afford the composites. Too afraid to use someone else's bat for fear of damaging it and having to pay for it. I don't do too bad with metal anyway. For the most part, in a tourney day, playing 5 games, there might only be 3 times where I don't make it on base. More often than not, I'm on 2nd comfortably. But nothing against composites though...if I could afford one, I'd have one.
You can't afford $100?

And you play softball tournaments....

I don't quite get it...

dr0p

w0cka fl0cka
Not bashing on you, but unless you're homeless, how can you not afford a composite? Or atleast save up and buy one...

phoenix26

<font color="#228B22">SBF Fund Donor</font>
Anyone have a resource for older bats with pictures? I was taking BP yesterday and pulled out an OLD blue Louisville Slugger metal bat with most of the markings worn off of it. I hit it very well and would like to use it in games, but I'm not sure it's legal since most of the markings are gone. Not too sure if it never had any association stamps on it or if they've just worn off. I'm leaning towards it not being legal because it sounds nothing like my other 3 metal bats. Sounds like composite...unless you take one off the end. It will damn sure remind you that it's metal then. One guy asked me if it was composite, and I told him no, but the sound of it would suggest otherwise. I don't know the history of when composites came onto the market, but I'm sure this bat pre-dates them. I think I bought it from Sports Auth. about 7 years ago. Thanks for the help guys!

If you bought it 7 years ago...or even a couple of years before....it should
have/had some type of association marking. At first I thought you had the old
TPSL from the mid 80's. Some umps can be picky about visible markings. Post a pic.

Tobes42

Here for the popcorn!
I was taking BP yesterday and pulled out an OLD blue Louisville Slugger metal bat with most of the markings worn off of it. I hit it very well and would like to use it in games, but I'm not sure it's legal since most of the markings are gone. Not too sure if it never had any association stamps on it or if they've just worn off.

Was this it??? If so, It has the ASA 2000 stamp BUT it is on the banned list...Hope this helps :D

LS_SB304.jpg

MorganGrafixx

Extra Hitter
You can't afford $100?

And you play softball tournaments....

I don't quite get it...

Not bashing on you, but unless you're homeless, how can you not afford a composite? Or atleast save up and buy one...

I have a family I have to support. With 3 kids all on rec teams, all needing equipment, a mortgage, 2 car payments, etc, etc.....hell, i'm lucky if the wife gives me permission to spend the $30-$40 for my part of the reg. fees. It's just hard to justify spending $100+ on a bat to a woman who could care less about the game.

dr0p

w0cka fl0cka
I have a family I have to support. With 3 kids all on rec teams, all needing equipment, a mortgage, 2 car payments, etc, etc.....hell, i'm lucky if the wife gives me permission to spend the $30-$40 for my part of the reg. fees. It's just hard to justify spending $100+ on a bat to a woman who could care less about the game.

Sorry to hear that.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
None right now. Was in utrip and ASA before. Never swung this bat because I was afraid of hurting the team with a stupid penalty for swinging something illegal.

so you don't play softball anymore? do you generally play asa or utrip or both simultaneously....not saying it's easy to buy bats but you can find a decent stick for either association for $100 or so if you save all the change you get and throw it in your ash tray

MorganGrafixx

Extra Hitter
so you don't play softball anymore? do you generally play asa or utrip or both simultaneously....not saying it's easy to buy bats but you can find a decent stick for either association for $100 or so if you save all the change you get and throw it in your ash tray

Right now, no. I'm still trying to find a team to get on. I have one ASA tourney at the end of the month I will most likely be playing in, but not 100% yet.