Omega2 phenix vs am usa

railguy

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey guys just saw that the new omega2 Phoenix is priced at 149.99 On DEmarinis website. I have swinging am and usa am and love them but i am in need of a replacement and they are getting harder to find and i cant spend 300 on a new one. Should i hold out and wait for a used one to pop up or pull the trigger on omega2? Opinions please and thank you.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Linear vs non linear, totally different feel between omega and am's but still a decent performer

railguy

Addicted to Softballfans
Ive swung a lot of demarinis an other manufacturer's what do you think it feels most like? Ive had phenix cf3 cf4 am amusa juggys ogam. Sounds like i should stick with am since the feel it different.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Defiantly not the feel of am's.. can't say that they totally feel like the others that you mention but more along those lines being that cf's and juggys phenix are linear bats..

ShortYellowBus

For the price, I wouldn’t have a problem buying and selling if it doesn’t work out.

Juggy has the divergence technology. Non-linear. Helps people with average to below average swing speed.

Omega is a linear bat. Better for guys with huge swing speeds.

***I’m just elaborating on what @hitless45 said earlier.

Bagz

Bang!!
2019 Asa Juggy is still stacked composite and a linear bat for the record. It does Not have divergence gap technology...

SwingTheD206

For the price, I wouldn’t have a problem buying and selling if it doesn’t work out.

Juggy has the divergence technology. Non-linear. Helps people with average to below average swing speed.

Omega is a linear bat. Better for guys with huge swing speeds.

***I’m just elaborating on what @hitless45 said earlier.
Juggy is and has been stacked composite. Only the Flippers use divergence tech, which has nothing to do with your swing speed or lack there of. Divergence technology is simply used to perform better with 52's.

dunkky

I'm curious to see people's opinions on the phenix vs 19 juggy now...

what's your opinion, you have swung both?

i haven't swung juggy yet. I wanted to based on the latest post. what i discovered from my experience swinging omega/omega II/dnam, they all about the same in terms of performance off the Tee hitting 52.. 300+-. Maybe i am just not powerful enough to take advantage of certain bat tech. i don't know. So, it makes a lotto sense when someone says, most of recent bats if not all are great.

scottydoesnt

Extra Hitter
I loved the OG Omega, but wasn't a fan of the Omega 2. I gave it a fair share, and still own it, but it just never seemed to turn the corner and get as good as other top tier bats. That being said, for $149, it's hard to pass up, but I feel you will be let down coming from flippers.

chile

Bad Ape
love the O2's...moreso with the carbon (comp handle) but the phenix (alloy handle) hit well, too...just swung waaaaay too light. it's a much different feel between the flips and omegas like everyone else says but if it's something you can work through, the O2s are fun to swing. and you have 1 bat for everything...which is a plus...or a minus if you're an association "purist" :/

dunkky

I loved the OG Omega, but wasn't a fan of the Omega 2. I gave it a fair share, and still own it, but it just never seemed to turn the corner and get as good as other top tier bats. That being said, for $149, it's hard to pass up, but I feel you will be let down coming from flippers.

which O2 you have? if its an endloaded and alloy handle, i have balanced OG Omega 28oz that i can trade with if you are interested.

chile

Bad Ape
I had the phenix in 26...too light said goldilocks ..and had 2 27oz carbons... Just a hair heavy but better for me than the 26oz phenix... Was not a fan of the og omega EL I had, and only liked bal og slightly better... To be fair, I didn't give either enough cuts but after 100 or so, I feel like I know how a bat is shaping up for me...

dunkky

how is yours come in 27oz? i thought they come in as 27.5. my carbon is 27.5 and felt true to the weight, well, maybe slightly lighter compare to 27oz xxl. I thought that was due to a pronounced endload on xxl.

chile

Bad Ape
how is yours come in 27oz? i thought they come in as 27.5. my carbon is 27.5 and felt true to the weight, well, maybe slightly lighter compare to 27oz xxl. I thought that was due to a pronounced endload on xxl.

my bad...27.5 in the carbons.

pears

Addicted to Softballfans
Good read here, I've been looking at getting a "team" bat. This may fit the bill for the price.

dunkky

you won't be disappointed. for my swing, omega, omega 2 all swing pretty good and hit both 52 and hard balls very well. dnam is pretty good bat, both omegas are right there with it if not better at this point in terms of performance. i posted a video of me swinging all three, distance don't lie, they are all about the same. but the furthest one i hit was with og omega but it's least favorite because i like heavy endload over balance or midload.

dunkky

good choice. which one did you get? black one or white one?,both are endloaded, just different handle. regardless, u wont be disappointed. thanks for the complement, i am still working on my swing. i don't swing like that now. lol