Opinion Wanted: Webbed or Cracked?

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans
So I have a few bats that I'm pretty sure are cracked vs webbed which really ticks me off considering one is 7 months old, and other is literally 3 days old...was hitting 44/375 with them, and i'm not a power hitter so don't know what gives (besides the bat)...

#1 SP12ST98 - 2012 Easton Stealth
SP12ST98_zps66983131.jpg

#2 SP13X2 - 2013 Power Brigade XL2
XL2_zps075990c4.jpg

A couple of suspicions as to why they are not webbed...one) only marks in a single area...aren't webs usually all over the place? and two) horizontal in nature... most webs I've seen run the length of the bat vs the short way.

At least I still have my receipt for the Stealth, will have to go dumpster diving to see if I can find my receipt for the XL2. :mad:

Also these are only about 1" in nature, will it really affect the performance of the bat that much? My season starts in 2 days, and am not really interested in sending them out right now until the season is over.

jf2k4

<font color="#3300FF">Outstanding Good Dealer</fon
The st98 looks cracked, its hard to tell on the xl2.

I'd keep swinging them till they were in 2 pieces.

Hacksaw34

Addicted to Softballfans
Both are what look like spiral "webbing" to me. The first one is obviously worse. I thought this is what the new stamp bats were supposed to do when they start getting too broken in

Lord7

Banned User
Both of those are spiral webbing. You guys just must not be used to the new eastons, they all do this and it's ok. /Thread.

HrBump13

Addicted to Softballfans
Both are what look like spiral "webbing" to me. The first one is obviously worse. I thought this is what the new stamp bats were supposed to do when they start getting too broken in

Too broken in? My XL2 started doing this after about 150 cuts. It has not changed for the next 150 tho.

rdshoe13

Star Player
I've had 4 of these bats and another guy on my team has had 5, that's definitely spiral webbing!

You will know when the bat has developed a crack, it will be very apparent.

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans
Both look like spirals to me.....how is the performance? Have you noticed any declines?

I have not noticed any decline in performance with either bat to date. Like some say, especially with the SP12ST98, I actually think it got hotter. So maybe I'm on my final leg with the bat? Enjoy one more season and then that's it? I'm kind of hoping it will get me through spring ball and then fully crack. It's covered until 08/2013!

On a good note, I found my XL2 receipt... phew! :D Now I don't care if it's cracked... off to Easton they will go at the end of Spring ball.

rdshoe13

Star Player
I have not noticed any decline in performance with either bat to date. Like some say, especially with the SP12ST98, I actually think it got hotter. So maybe I'm on my final leg with the bat? Enjoy one more season and then that's it? I'm kind of hoping it will get me through spring ball and then fully crack. It's covered until 08/2013!

On a good note, I found my XL2 receipt... phew! :D Now I don't care if it's cracked... off to Easton they will go at the end of Spring ball.

I'll see if i can post a picture this weekend of one of our original st98's we bought last year when they first came out. It's covered in spirals and super hot right now! Probably has around 3000 hits on it now and the first sprial showed up after 20 hits.

UWmad

Addicted to Softballfans
Both spiral webbing! My st98 has about 8 of those lines running around it. Swing away!

copper1150

DO OVER!!!
Pic 1 is not a crack....it is spiral webbing the bat is still good to go. That is how the new Easton's are....do not waste a return!!!

BoooM3

Star Player
My SP12ST98 - 2012 Easton Stealth looks the same way... except it has more cracks (webbing) and failed my leagues compression test. purchased 5/2012.

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans
Performance results from 1st two games of the season... SP12ST98 is DEFINITELY CRACKED... bat swung dead, no pop whatsoever off the bat. XL2 is definitely spiraled! 1st at bat... 300ft HR. 2nd at bat... triple off the fence. 3rd at bat... triple to RF hitting the edge of warning track! Time to send in the Stealth.