Orioles- a bunch of got damn racists

johnnySoftball3

Thats the O's owner for you passing up on a fine candidate for some stupid reason, like color, or according to the writer....

trip

stfu
dang, i thought 3xc would've made a good general manager.

in all seriousness though, if that's true the only one who'd work for him, would be marge schott's corpse.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
Peter Angelos hooked me up with some sweet seats a few years ago. Bad mouth the guy all you want, that mans money is the ONLY reason why Baltimore city has a functioning fire department. He can be as racist as he wants as long as i can sit 3rd row behind the plate again.

3XC

Big Truss
What a phenomenally stupid article.

Cliffs notes: Orioles are interviewing for a GM, interview 3 people, one of which is black, don't offer anyone the job, elect to interview more people.

We truly live in an era where black people are blameless and entitled to special treatment. The article is a smear piece. No, choosing not to hire someone who happens to be black is not racism. Jesus ****ing Christ.

Mike Bradley

Addicted to Softballfans
race-card-demotivational-poster-1220047846.jpg

3XC

Big Truss
The writer is insinuating the only reason the Orioles didn't offer this guy a job is because he's black.

How many of the other 29 MLB teams are scrambling to replace their GM with this guy? How many interviewed this guy? No other team wants him, but the Orioles should have to hire him, because if they don't, they're racists.

More PC drivel.

Peacock

DBOTY 2011
I think they should look outside of the box a bit and hire a Japanese GM.
Or a dude that lives in Germany that would put up with living in B-More. ;)

dmoser25

Extra Hitter
If he is a good candidate then bring him in,if not then send his *ss on. Dont f***ing matter what race he is. Yours truly "A BLACK GUY"

3XC

Big Truss
Pfau couldn't do any worse than the last couple terrible GMs.

Their US scouting and drafting is ok. They have no presence internationally. Thats what kills them. Getting Sidney Ponson from Aruba won all those championships though.

3XC

Big Truss
They play in the AL East. They will never be above .500 again, ever. Until realignment, or a salary cap, and neither of those things will ever happen. They are a non-entity. Baltimore has the Ravens, and gets to see other MLB teams pass through town.

The Orioles made an offer to GM candidate Tony LaCava yesterday following his second interview with the team on Monday. Word was that LaCava left the interview "impressed", saying that he'd "take the job if it was offered to him". LaCava had been rumored to be the Orioles top choice since the search for a new GM to replace Andy MacPhail began in mid-October.

But yesterday LaCava turned down the Orioles offer, deciding to stay at his current assistant GM position with the Blue Jays.

Tony Pente, who runs the Orioles Hangout website and message board, wrote an article that appeared last night (the website has been down so far today) mentioning that an inside source said Angelos informed LaCava that he would not have complete control over who in the organization he could keep or let go, meaning both players and personnel. Reading between the lines, it's Buck Showalter who will have that control, especially on the player side. And since Andy MacPhail was not allowed to fire Dave Stockstill shortly after MacPhail was hired, you can bet your sweet ass that Angelos would have the ultimate say on who can stay and who can go on the personnel side.

It comes as absolutely no surprise that Angelos is still making outrageous demands as owner of the Orioles. You know that saying about old dogs not learning new tricks? Angelos is 82 and won't be making any drastic changes as owner at his age. He continues to mismanage the Orioles, like he always has, by interfering at inopportune times and being vacant at other times when decisions are needed to be made swiftly. He's also butchered the GM hiring process by ultimately having Buck Showalter and Matt Klentak hire their boss. What GM candidate worth their salt is going to work in that kind of situation? LaCava made the right choice. I expect him to be hired as a GM elsewhere after the 2012 season.

Meanwhile, the Orioles are down to two candidates: DeJon Watson from the Dodgers and John Stockstill from...you guessed it, the Orioles.

Word is Watson is Showalter's favorite, but who knows if Watson will sign up for a job in which his freedoms will be severely limited by Angelos and Showalter. Chances are it will Stockstill, which would be par for the course. Stockstill, who has been with the organization for five years as director of player development, already knows the workings of this organization. He's also done absolutely nothing to earn the job. The player development in the organization is terrible and has been for years. The Stockstill brothers have also been pets of Angelos' for years, which is why Angelos refused MacPhail on firing Dave Stockstill.

Oh, and all of this chaos is taking place just two days before free agency starts.

It's nothing new, 0's fans. Just another reminder that nothing will change as long as Angelos is the owner and getting in the way.

Angelos might as well save his money and just let Showalter, Stockstill and Klentak call the shots. They will be anyway, no matter who becomes the next GM.

hedge

life takes guts
They play in the AL East. They will never be above .500 again, ever. Until realignment, or a salary cap, and neither of those things will ever happen. They are a non-entity. Baltimore has the Ravens, and gets to see other MLB teams pass through town.

you gotta have faith. the 20 years of rebuilding has worked for the lions so far.

3XC

Big Truss
Angeloser wants a puppet GM that gives half his personnel decision making to Showalter and won't stand up to Angelos. Macphail is leaving due to personality conflicts with the frog. Macphail, who damn near made up for the Glenn Davis fiasco by stealing Adam Jones from Seattle. More futility, more meddling, more mediocre baseball, and more "Lets Go Sox" chants drowning out my groans when I foolishly pay to see this inferior product.

images

3XC

Big Truss
We didn't make it to the 2nd inning last year. "Excuse to drink night 2012" is a go.

hedge

life takes guts
if my sister stays on the east coast i'll have an excuse to go. imma be in boston in February and hitting up a bruins game.

hedge

life takes guts
i dont support canada or its teams. i dont even have a wild jersey, so im a bad homer.

Gateway Man

Addicted to Softballfans
This thread makes no sense. Why did he let a Black hispanic named Juan Samuel be the interim manager of this team if he is racist? Should have never fired Davey Johnson. So yes he is an idiot, just not racist.

Peacock

DBOTY 2011
Pfau couldn't do any worse than the last couple terrible GMs.

Their US scouting and drafting is ok. They have no presence internationally. Thats what kills them. Getting Sidney Ponson from Aruba won all those championships though.

I know. That's why I was offering my services.
The Mariners just signed this 18 y.o. German kid.
Baseball has really been doing well over here for the last five years.
They have a really good academy in Regensburg.
If it were on TV, like ONCE, it'd become an instant hit.
There are a lot of country strong kids up north. They just all opt to play handball. They could produce really good pitchers with strong arms, imho.
The MLB should be smarter in investing money over here, ijs.