Outfield Glove Recommendations?

Hey guys, I've been moved from first to a lot of outfield play and could definitely use new leather.

Any recommendations for higher end (but not full on pro grade) gloves and what sizes? Also, I'm a lefty. My old glove is 12.5 but I'm seeing guys talk about 13, 13.5, 14".

NYC

Swag on 100.
Hey guys, I've been moved from first to a lot of outfield play and could definitely use new leather.

Any recommendations for higher end (but not full on pro grade) gloves and what sizes? Also, I'm a lefty. My old glove is 12.5 but I'm seeing guys talk about 13, 13.5, 14".
budget?

Hiltz

Built for comfort
If you're looking at a high-end 13"+ glove, you're probably better off going with a custom. Rawlings has a handful of HOH models now and Wilson makes A2000's in 13" and 13.5". But other than those, most larger softball gloves are geared towards rec players. Think cheaper materials, no break-in, soft and floppy fast.

Party mafia

Look at the Rawlings hoh Bryce Harper in a 13 inches glove. The sbf store might still have the Easton small batch in a 13 inches lht for sale as well.

https://www.baseballexpress.com/cat...O-1lrH9vKkutIS_WLAUMJRidU8pnKwohoCxasQAvD_BwE

https://www.softballfans.com/rawlings-heart-of-the-hide-fielding-glove-12-75-pro3039-6cbfs.html

Check these out, if you were a lefty you can get a sweet deal on a pro preferred 303 right now. But I would look at Wilson 1799 or Rawlings Pro303 models. These models are 12.75" but play large and are more than enough for softball.
The Rawlings there is HOH, do you have a link to the Player Preferred you mentioned?

If you're looking at a high-end 13"+ glove, you're probably better off going with a custom. Rawlings has a handful of HOH models now and Wilson makes A2000's in 13" and 13.5". But other than those, most larger softball gloves are geared towards rec players. Think cheaper materials, no break-in, soft and floppy fast.
Going the custom route, how is GloveWorks or GloveSmith?

scottydoesnt

Extra Hitter
I personally use a 13" Vinci custom kip that I am happy with. It has held up 3 season so far and is still holding shape well. If I bought another, I would probably go 13.5", but isn't totally necessary.

Last edited:
I personally use a 13" Vinci custom kip that I am happy with. It has help up 3 season so far and is still holding shape well. If I bought another, I would probably go 13.5", but isn't totally necessary.
I don't get the size going that big. What's the difference? That just seems huge.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Going the custom route, how is GloveWorks or GloveSmith?

I got my first Gloveworks custom last summer and liked it enough that I ordered a second one over the winter. Both of mine are pro steerhide and I used 20% off coupon codes for both of them (Gloveworks usually puts on a sale for major holidays).

I think Gloveworks is putting out the best bang-for-buck gloves on the market. The pro steerhide models are comparable, and in some ways better than HOH and A2000. My two gloves are midnight tan and wheat and the leather feels like HOH on both; smooth, dry, and stiff. And you can ask for custom options that aren't on the online glove-builder. I requested mine to come extra-stiff with beefed-up thumb/pinky and they delivered; I couldn't close either of mine with one hand when they were new.

Forgot I had this! 12.75 outfield glove. That will bide me some time, I think I'll try GloveWorks Do they have any discount promo codes? I read somewhere they offer 20% at times

20190326-115327.jpg