Outfield Timberglaze

BG972

Does anyone have a 12.75 Rawlings Timberglaze? Could you post a picture? How does the leather age? I’m working on a custom glove. Thanks.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
I have a 303 12.75 custom that I did 4 years ago, tan laces, camel stitching, black embroidery, I don’t use it, the leather was some of the toughest I had to break in, but for me the internal thumb stay and padding have been to much to use for tip, they just won’t break in the way I want to be, I had a Harper previous which is why I went custom, but this glove was super stiff new compared to the Harper, and wouldn’t break in the same way. I love the timber, but now she’s just a shelf queen, the leather has gotten softer but hasn’t aged much as I rarely play catch with it, it has gotten a little darker patina with conditioning over the first couple of years, first 2 pix are when new, last 2 today

Attachments

• IMG_0542.jpeg
    IMG_0542.jpeg
    676.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0543.jpeg
    IMG_0543.jpeg
    493.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0548.jpeg
    IMG_0548.jpeg
    36.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0549.jpeg
    IMG_0549.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

BG972

I have a 303 12.75 custom that I did 4 years ago, tan laces, camel stitching, black embroidery, I don’t use it, the leather was some of the toughest I had to break in, but for me the internal thumb stay and padding have been to much to use for tip, they just won’t break in the way I want to be, I had a Harper previous which is why I went custom, but this glove was super stiff new compared to the Harper, and wouldn’t break in the same way. I love the timber, but now she’s just a shelf queen, the leather has gotten softer but hasn’t aged much as I rarely play catch with it, it has gotten a little darker patina with conditioning over the first couple of years, first 2 pix are when new, last 2 today
Thanks!

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
Does anyone have a 12.75 Rawlings Timberglaze? Could you post a picture? How does the leather age? I’m working on a custom glove. Thanks.
My custom Timberglaze (Sept. 2017 build date) is of the dark variety, like jkwoody's. Very rich and oily leather. Used it lightly for a year, then refreshed it and stored it away. Definitely on the heavier side, even my 11.75" H web model.

IMO the Timberglaze is Rawling's current premier leather for durability.