owning a rediculous amount of softball bats...

Not too long ago, I had to check 30 bats in one dugout, most of which were owned by one guy. Yes, 30. I counted.

And they weren't Easton Hammers. He had Freak 98s, Juggernauts, Anti-Viruses... He had at LEAST 6 or 7 grand in bats.

How the heck does one guy bring nearly 30 bats to the dugout? Did he park next to it and unload all the bats and then proceed to go park in the parking lot? I mean I have many bats, but typically only bring 3-4 to a game.

BROE

Addicted to Softballfans
I have 4 bats. I bring them all to the game, mainly because they are always in my bag. 99% of the time I am only using one bat though.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
How the heck does one guy bring nearly 30 bats to the dugout? Did he park next to it and unload all the bats and then proceed to go park in the parking lot? I mean I have many bats, but typically only bring 3-4 to a game.

I honestly didn't see how he brought them all in. We checked the other side first, walked over to his dugout and said, "holy ****."

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
Not too long ago, I had to check 30 bats in one dugout, most of which were owned by one guy. Yes, 30. I counted.

And they weren't Easton Hammers. He had Freak 98s, Juggernauts, Anti-Viruses... He had at LEAST 6 or 7 grand in bats.

so you met Hebrew Hacker?

UpInYaass

Banned User
some people just like to collect bats. I myself still have all of my POGs in numerical order in clear vinyl sheets.

BROE

Addicted to Softballfans
There is a picture on here of somebody's bat collection that is around a few hundred. Dropped my jaw the first time I saw that.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
it's a bad idea....in a game where centimeters can make the difference between fly balls and line drives, all bats swing differnetly....not to mention the more bats you own, the more other people are going to ask to swing them

rlopezjr1977

King EUUUUPPPPP
I think guys have a lot of bats for many reasons. They are either never satisfied with just one stick or they do it to invest and raise value on bats in their bag.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
I think guys have a lot of bats for many reasons. They are either never satisfied with just one stick or they do it to invest and raise value on bats in their bag.

teh sad part is i actually believe this.....cause lord knows there's no way to invest your money in something else which would guarantee you a better return and mroe money

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
i at one point in time had around 10 bats...then i was like, wtf do i have this many bats....i now have my m7598 thats well broke in, another one thats getting broken in, my 2 psts and thats it now. the est is gone (haven't swung it in 3 years) and the lolnch broke. any more is just silly.

my wife was like, why dont' you try and get rid of some of your fishing poles but that is totally different.

TastySalami

Addicted to Softballfans
I would love to own a ridiculous amount of bats, unfortunatley I want to own a ridiculous amount of other things first. more power to you guys.

SteveO.

I want your RD28's!
teh sad part is i actually believe this.....cause lord knows there's no way to invest your money in something else which would guarantee you a better return and mroe money

If you could make 20-40% on something you enjoyed researching and knew something about, I'd take that over throwing money blindly at the stock market or real eastate. ;)

xethicx

Addicted to Softballfans
No I dont see it being AT ALL like putting a lift kit on your truck. Putting a lift kit on your truck is just something to get chicks or look cool, when in reality 90% of the time the lift kits serve no real purpose because the guys in question arent doing much off roading at all. Hell you see a lot of guys putting lift kits on crappy little trucks with no balls.

I see owning a lot of bats as a collecting type thing. Also for those that coach teams and share bats, having a lot of bats is very beneficial to your team's performance because that way, everyone has something they feel comfortable with.

Personally I dont have a massive collection but I will sooner or later however right now, I have nice but modest collection.