Pa. 10 man "B" States July 12-13

purehitter33

Addicted to Softballfans
What a absolute disgrace by ASA! Here's the deal, we left (3 teams) in delco. Left league cause catering to high arc and we want modified . Join leagues in phila. Since we play in Philly metro were not allowed to go play states! They turned down 4 teams that willing pay entrance fee and $25 reg fee to play in tourney. Guess rather have 6 team tourney!

purehitter33

Addicted to Softballfans
We play out of ASA metro Philly, supposedly not part of ASA of Pa. ( thought ASA was ASA)Myself another 2 teams been coming to "b" for last 10yrs and been drifton few times. The tournament direct terrycglitcher has no problem having us 4 teams. It's higher up.

purehitter33

Addicted to Softballfans
Reach out to terry mcglither, joe Organek suppose decision came from bill Roberson. I talked to jimcdonsld also. We just wanna play ball.

Sinni's1

Addicted to Softballfans
Asa is brutal. In Ma if we do not play in the states the will not sign our paperwork to go to drifton. They also charge 400 for tourney.

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
Reach out to terry mcglither, joe Organek suppose decision came from bill Roberson. I talked to jimcdonsld also. We just wanna play ball.

If you're not getting a straight answer, go to the top. The president, Jeff is a great guy. His contact info is in the link I provided. If nothing else, he should be able to give you a straight answer. Some advice, though: Don't just crank at him. Give him a detailed description of the issue and what you'd like.

From your other thread, it sounds like it could be a local politics thing (something about the district not wanting to sanction properly). If that is the case, your argument is likely with the local Philly Metro guys, but you may get the straight answer by talking with Jeff.

dktc4

Addicted to Softballfans
purehitter33- I agree with eddieq. You are not getting a straight answer here. We all know it's not like PAASA to not tell someone the straight truth when needed. LOL!!! I can't believe that they won't let you go just based on the fact that you have gone "b" for several years. I am also from PA. However, I have never been close to having a team or playing in Metro Philly. Could this have anything to do with them (PAASA) having split classes C and B in PA and having a East and West Tournament? I have attended States at every class for the past 20 plus years and never heard of a team not being allowed in for the reason you have been given. I would think just based on the fact that your team has been there before, it would not be a problem. You are actually be penalized for changing leagues is how it looks. Terrible!! I hope you get the problem solved in time to attend States. Can I ask what team we are talking about here?

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
They turned away 4 teams cause we play in ASA Philly metro not ASA of pa.

I did a little digging and what you're saying makes sense. Google reveals that The "Metro Philly ASA" is not "Metro Philly Amateur Softball Association" but "Metro Philadelphia Athletics and Softball Association". So they are riding the "ASA" name while not actually being an ASA association from what I can tell. From what you are saying, they likely left ASA to form their own thing. Heck, even the District Officers link on the PAASA site links to a PDF rather than the typical district officers layout for the PA districts.

So, since you don't play in a registered Amateur Softball Association league, you wouldn't be eligible for Amateur Softball Association events. Sucks for you, really. You may want to hook up with leagues in the surrounding ASA districts (6, 14 or even 15, maybe). Montgomery County (Norristown, etc.) softball is District 14, Chester county is 6. Bucks County is 15. Depending on where in Philly you are, any of those may work for you.

http://www.paasa.org/staff/district-map