Paint chip/cleat mark repairs

Tamati63

Is there any way to semi repair/tidy these on a composite bat?

Attachments

• received_188503828917382.jpeg
    received_188503828917382.jpeg
    37 KB · Views: 100

Tamati63

Some people like to hit other peoples bats on their metal cleats as part of their batting routine... it takes good chunks out of the paint

Tamati63

that's not what happened here
Just a bat I've got my hands on. I dont know its history but i do have others with legit cleatmarks. What you think he has done to cause that big one?

And back to original question. Is there anything I can do to give that area a bit more durability again.

blakcherry329

Just a bat I've got my hands on. I dont know its history but i do have others with legit cleatmarks. What you think he has done to cause that big one?

And back to original question. Is there anything I can do to give that area a bit more durability again.
Not aware of many softball leagues that allow metal cleats. Even if that was the case, you'd have to hit your cleats pretty damn hard to chip it like that. That looks like it's near the end of the bat, so you really shouldn't be hitting the ball in that area anyway.

Tamati63

Not aware of many softball leagues that allow metal cleats. Even if that was the case, you'd have to hit your cleats pretty damn hard to chip it like that. That looks like it's near the end of the bat, so you really shouldn't be hitting the ball in that area anyway.
I play fastpitch in New Zealand. You'll find more with metals than moulds.

blakcherry329

I play fastpitch in New Zealand. You'll find more with metals than moulds.
Oh, ok, cool. I haven't played fastpitch since the late 80s. That's serious softball. I've watched some videos of Fastpitch Downunder. Hell, after the hop they're like 40' away. Crazy.

tonys1

I've heard of people putting clear packing tape or gloss nail polish on stamps to prevent from fading. Seems trivial, but not sure if that's even considered legal. As far as that looks, it seems really deep but don't know if a metal cleat would rip out a chunk like that. Doubt there's anything you can do with that gash and it probably might not even be legal.

Tamati63

I've heard of people putting clear packing tape or gloss nail polish on stamps to prevent from fading. Seems trivial, but not sure if that's even considered legal. As far as that looks, it seems really deep but don't know if a metal cleat would rip out a chunk like that. Doubt there's anything you can do with that gash and it probably might not even be legal.

I was considering nail polish myself. I figured it couldnt do much more harm but may have some effect in preserving its life. I am yet to have the bat in my possession so I guess I'll see how deep it really is in a few days. I have a feeling something else has been hit in rage or it was potentially stood on accidentally.

ShortYellowBus

What is up with the threads these days?

ok.

Undo the deal. Send it back, because it’s ngtg whomever did that deal with you. They’re just making you look foolish.

Don’t accept a bat in that condition. Like mentioned previously, that bat will be thrown out of the game by the blue.

Just FYI, that bat is not good hitting today’s balls. Try something else...just not that bat.

Tamati63

I'll update the post on Friday when the bat is in hand. Another guy who I know and trust has seen the bat and thinks the photo really blows it out of proportion. Said he has seen it pass compression currently also.

I dont know what you mean by modified tony but I think our fastpitch balls are 47/375. Mizuno M150s

ShortYellowBus

I think he plays modified with .44’s cap
Are you saying you are in approval and/or endorsing this nonsense? What’s your argument?

Old Easton? That’s nonsense.

I’d rather swing a dual stamp deMarini or maybe even an old Anarchy.

Regardless of the ball, this deal is still ngtg and I hold my position that there’s definitely better bats than this. Bleh.

tonys1

Are you saying you are in approval and/or endorsing this nonsense? What’s your argument?

Regardless of the ball, this deal is still ngtg and I hold my position that there’s definitely better bats than this. Bleh.

You were referring to "today's balls" so I was clarifying. I never swung a Demarini I liked other than a 17 USA Flipper.

My favorite bats with harder balls are 100h or SRV4.

Tamati63

Never seen an old anarchy in my country and there isnt many demarinis around but I may look to purchase one in the near future and see how they go.
For me and many in this game it's always been easton, easton, easton.

Matth

Never seen an old anarchy in my country and there isnt many demarinis around but I may look to purchase one in the near future and see how they go.
For me and many in this game it's always been easton, easton, easton.
I’ve never played fast pitch. What do you look for in a fast pitch bat?

tonys1

Same as you would with slow pitch I guess. Start with the ball you’re playing with and depends on stamp restrictions. The three leagues I play in each have different stamp rules:

Any Asa or ISF 2005
Asa 2004 or thumbprint
ASA 2004 or ISF 2005

Matth

Same as you would with slow pitch I guess. Start with the ball you’re playing with and depends on stamp restrictions. The three leagues I play in each have different stamp rules:

Any Asa or ISF 2005
Asa 2004 or thumbprint
ASA 2004 or ISF 2005
I didn’t know if you’d switch to a lighter bat since the ball is coming in so quickly. Not sure if I could get an end loaded 28 ounce around quick enough.

tonys1

I didn’t know if you’d switch to a lighter bat since the ball is coming in so quickly. Not sure if I could get an end loaded 28 ounce around quick enough.

Depends on age I guess. Baseball was many years ago for me, but lightest we swung were 29oz bats, so 28 was the first weight I swung. There’s only one bat I have multiples of in different weights and it’s the 100h. The 27oz for me outhits the 26 and 28, but is that one more broken in than the others? I dunno...

Tamati63

I’ve never played fast pitch. What do you look for in a fast pitch bat?
probably the same as a slowpitch.
Sanctioned (For fastpitch thats generally off the WBSC certified bat list. Most of them are ISF plate stamped and a few ASA bats are also included)
Then it's no different. What feels good and what suits you. Then I look at durability. Easton durability ended in around 15 imo when the demand for bats hot out of the wrapper became a thing.
Earlier stealths and synergys are favored along with the 2012 line up. These bats generally took the life of modern easton just to get them humming and then they sit that way for another 3-5000 swings.

Most swing a 27. A Few do 26 or 28 and the odd one out will swing a 25 or 30.

Last edited:

ShortYellowBus

Twelve year old kids today easily swing big barrel 30oz+ baseball bats. And just ten years ago, 30oz bats were normal. For everyone.

It’s not age; it’s marketing. It’s laziness. People accept instant gratification and/or the path of least resistance. No one works on their swing anymore.

Don’t believe everything you read on the internet as “news”. 24oz bats is bs.