Paint chip/cleat mark repairs

Matth

Twelve year old kids today easily swing big barrel 30oz+ baseball bats. And just ten years ago, 30oz bats were normal. For everyone.

It’s not age; it’s marketing. It’s laziness. People accept instant gratification and/or the path of least resistance. No one works on their swing anymore.

Don’t believe everything you read on the internet as “news”. 24oz bats is bs.
One thing I have to say in regards to heavy older bats. I bought a 38 ounce from early 90s late 80s I guess for $3.99 at Goodwill. In my opinion it’s easier to swing than my 28s as quite a bit of the weight is in the handle. Not sure if all older heavier bats were made this way, but the one I have is.

Tamati63

Twelve year old kids today easily swing big barrel 30oz+ baseball bats. And just ten years ago, 30oz bats were normal. For everyone.

It’s not age; it’s marketing. It’s laziness. People accept instant gratification and/or the path of least resistance. No one works on their swing anymore.

Don’t believe everything you read on the internet as “news”. 24oz bats is bs.

I wish i could like this more than once.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll update the post on Friday when the bat is in hand. Another guy who I know and trust has seen the bat and thinks the photo really blows it out of proportion. Said he has seen it pass compression currently also.

I dont know what you mean by modified tony but I think our fastpitch balls are 47/375. Mizuno M150s
i was going to mention this.. photos sometimes make scratches scuff marks etc look much worse than what they actually are

blakcherry329

Modified = fast pitch
Modified doesn't equal fastpitch. Modified is all you can get without windmilling, hence the name modified. I'm pretty sure he's playing windmill-type fastpitch.
Are you saying you are in approval and/or endorsing this nonsense? What’s your argument?

Old Easton? That’s nonsense.

I’d rather swing a dual stamp deMarini or maybe even an old Anarchy.

Regardless of the ball, this deal is still ngtg and I hold my position that there’s definitely better bats than this. Bleh.
None of the new bats would hold up to fastpitch with harder balls. The older bats should be fine with the balls coming in faster to get that trampoline effect on the older bats.

blakcherry329

One thing I have to say in regards to heavy older bats. I bought a 38 ounce from early 90s late 80s I guess for $3.99 at Goodwill. In my opinion it’s easier to swing than my 28s as quite a bit of the weight is in the handle. Not sure if all older heavier bats were made this way, but the one I have is.
All of the older heavy bats were balanced, so they did swing lighter than the sticker weight imo. I have a 35oz Easton SX9 that I break out every now and then in the cages. Very doable. It doesn't feel overly heavy at all.

Tamati63

All of the older heavy bats were balanced, so they did swing lighter than the sticker weight imo. I have a 35oz Easton SX9 that I break out every now and then in the cages. Very doable. It doesn't feel overly heavy at all.

I've seen FF1 and ronins last a season durability wise. I dont know if they would pass compression though. Theres just a completely different feel to them and with each hit you feel as though it may be the last in comparison to ththe older bars which feel like they will last forever.

Last edited:

Tamati63

Photo made it appear worse than it is. Just paint. Quite a decent size but not deep enough to ruin the structual activity.

Its happened when a broken end cap was being removed and replaced.

Attachments

• 20200301_210659.jpg
    20200301_210659.jpg
    498.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 20200301_210655.jpg
    20200301_210655.jpg
    432.9 KB · Views: 23

tonys1

This is one of those the longer you look at it, the worse it gets. I know you really, really, really wanted that bat - so good luck I guess.

yellowcrayola

Addicted to Softballfans
Just curious, did you buy a 30oz SY100 from a handsome guy in Nova Scotia, Canada last year? I sold one to a Kiwi and your screen name looks familiar...
30 oz sy100.... That's way to heavy for me bud.
Probably just my doppleganger you did the deal with....