No points for quality starts - 10pts for wins

C,1b,2b,3b,CI,MI,3 OF,DH,4SP,and 1RP

3rd round Bautista
5th round Donaldson
6th round Rizzo
11th round Cueto

jayb-223

Coach
It is only for one year. I am leaning Rizzo as well. Donaldson is looking pretty good though. Moving to a hitters park and 3b being a more shallow position than 1b. I have the first pick and am planning on taking Goldy. Trout and Miggy have already been selected as keepers.

Sully-7

Addicted to Softballfans
oh if ur taking Goldy then don't keep Rizzo... I didn't know that info... id keep Bautista - he is a end of the 1st round value and you get him for a 3rd rounder...pairing goldy and bautista is a nice pairing

jayb-223

Coach
According to our scoring system these are the top available hitters
1 Goldschmidt
2 Stanton
3 McCutchen - other teams possible keeper
4 Donaldson
4 Rizzo
5 Bautista
I have my doubts about Bautista being able to stay healthy this year. I have a 1b CI and DH roster spots so plenty of room if I start off with two first baseman.

bobber_1077

There are several good OF's available...whereas there are only a handful of good 1B and 3B.
I'd take Donaldson in the Jays lineup, and then draft Goldy and lock down your corner IF spots.

Or keep Rizzo, draft Donaldson, lol...

BAplaya11

Bombin' Outa Control
if you are comparing Rizzo and donaldson think about this way. According to ESPN Rizzo's average draft position is 14th a solid 2nd rounder, Donaldson's is 30th a late 3rd maybe early 4th rd pick.

Now you get to keep Rizzo for an 11th rd pick and Donaldson for a 5th rd pick. This is a no brainer, Rizzo 9rds higher than his average draft position.

jayb-223

Coach
Than I glance down the list three spots below Donaldson and I see Cueto who I could get in the 11th. Causing me to rethink them ALL over again! If I could keep Rizzo in the 11th that would make the decision a lot easier.

BAplaya11

Bombin' Outa Control
Than I glance down the list three spots below Donaldson and I see Cueto who I could get in the 11th. Causing me to rethink them ALL over again! If I could keep Rizzo in the 11th that would make the decision a lot easier.

You're right I misread the question, I'd still take Rizzo

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Yeah I still take Rizzo also....... I like Stanton over Donaldson though. If McCutchen opens up I'd probably take him.
I like Cueto too but know way I keep him over a first round position player

Last edited:

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
It's hard not to keep Rizzo. I think this is the play. Everyone else you can possibly redraft if the cards fall right.