Pick Three From My Championship Team

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
12 team H2H, you can keep a player for a total of 4 years. Draft him, keep him in that round, Yahoo ADP, automatic 1st rounder. FA pickups are taken in the last round.

The Men:

Trout R1 (last year I can have him)
Altuve R8
Puig ADP so R2
Corey ****erson FA
Jorge Soler FA
Kole Calhoun R17
Lucas Duda FA
Jacob DeGrom FA
Phil Hughes FA
Chris Sale R4
David Price R3
Iwakuma R9
Yordano Ventura R18

Early thoughts lean toward: Trout, Soler and DeGrom as much as I hate to leave Altuve there.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Enjoy Trout for the last year.... I think Soler is going to be a good player and at that round is a must. If you think you need a big ace keep Sale at 4 if you need heap value Ventura.... Yep I did it again :D Ventura>DeGrom

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
I'll probly end up drafting Sale and like Darvish in rounds 2-4 with a position player in between. I like Ventura a lot and have been following him for a couple years but something about him doesn't seem like he'll ever be more than a #3, while DeGrom plays in an easier league and division. Plus DeGrom's K/9 is almost 2 k's higher.

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
Final Result: Kept Trout, Altuve and Soler.

1. (3) Mike Trout  (LAA - OF)
2. (22) Jacoby Ellsbury (NYY - OF)
3. (27) Johnny Cueto (Cin - SP)
4. (46) David Ortiz (Bos - 1B)
5. (51) Hisashi Iwakuma (Sea - SP)
6. (70) Evan Gattis (Hou - C)
7. (75) Manny Machado (Bal - 3B)
8. (94) José Altuve  (Hou - 2B)
9. (99) Ryan Zimmerman (Was - 3B,OF)
10. (118) Phil Hughes (Min - SP)
11. (123) Josh Harrison (Pit - 2B,3B,OF)
12. (142) Steve Cishek (Mia - RP)
13. (147) Chris Archer (TB - SP)
14. (166) Curtis Granderson (NYM - OF)
15. (171) Marlon Byrd (Cin - OF)
16. (190) José Quintana (CWS - SP)
17. (195) Steve Pearce (Bal - 1B,OF)
18. (214) Brad Boxberger (TB - RP)
19. (219) Alcides Escobar (KC - SS)
20. (238) Kennys Vargas (Min - 1B)
21. (243) Wilmer Flores (NYM - 2B,SS)
22. (262) James Paxton (Sea - SP)
23. (267) Miguel Sano (Min - 3B,SS)
24. (286) Jorge Soler  (ChC - OF)

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Harrison looks good that late, Think I'm going to target him in some drafts. Look at Soler at 24 what a steal.

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
Yea no way I was giving back Soler. I think he's gonna be legit. One guy in the draft (who is in multiple leagues with me) asked me who Harrison was. "Is he some AAA guy?" :rolleyes:

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Yep that's pissing me off, I want a chance at him but no way will it be in the first 7 rounds in anything less then a total keeper league.
And Cub fans are the worse, I have a local draft Monday that should be a lot of fun :rolleyes:

Last edited:

STOMPKIN

Stelio Kontos
Crimedog - how do your keeper rules work? What does this mean exactly?

"Draft him, keep him in that round, Yahoo ADP, automatic 1st rounder."

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
You get them where you drafted them the year before, FA pick ups are usually last round keepers.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
We do the same in our league but FA and anyone drafted after round 15 are round 15 keepers. It rewards good late drafting and helps guys stay interested all season with trades etc (trading for a good value keeper for next season) or trading a stud keeper to get a couple guys to help make a playoff push.

Last edited:

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
Yep that's pissing me off, I want a chance at him but no way will it be in the first 7 rounds in anything less then a total keeper league.
And Cub fans are the worse, I have a local draft Monday that should be a lot of fun :rolleyes:

Exactly, last season in a dynasty I'm in we rebooted the league, there was some seriously fun picks there as rookies and prospects flew off the board with the quickness.

You get them where you drafted them the year before, FA pick ups are usually last round keepers.

Correct

no mariners, team sucks

James Paxton doesn't count? :) I wanted Walker too but he went WAY early.

trip

stfu
damn I didn't see him. good spot to pick him up. ****. and he's better than walker.

but he's Canadian. so he'll get injured playing video games or some **** and be shelved for six months

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
It doesn't seem to be this straight forward, I am missing something.

Ok it's like this. I've had Trout since he was ROTY. So the NEXT year, because I picked him up as a FA, I kept him in the last round. The following season I kept him at Yahoo ADP which was round 1. THIS season, which is my last season I can protect him he becomes and automatic 1st round pick (in his case completely justified.)

Understand?

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
damn I didn't see him. good spot to pick him up. ****. and he's better than walker.

but he's Canadian. so he'll get injured playing video games or some **** and be shelved for six months

I've been hearing this for some time, he's being drafted in normal leagues WAY before Walker for sure.

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
3 twins tho

Sano is the real deal and we have ONE NA spot I can stash him in. Hughes did right by me last season so I'm giving him another go. Vargas: Learn that name. He's the next Big Papi.

Buxton went two picks after I took Sano. We only have one stash spot so I took the guy with 3B/SS eligibility.

trip

stfu
Paxton is like a cross between randy Johnson (velocity... 98+), andy petite (control. and they both look like donkeys), and zito (curve ball)

walker is just a ***** who bailed out on the Arizona fall league cause his gf dumped him

hedge

life takes guts
Sano is the real deal and we have ONE NA spot I can stash him in. Hughes did right by me last season so I'm giving him another go. Vargas: Learn that name. He's the next Big Papi.

Buxton went two picks after I took Sano. We only have one stash spot so I took the guy with 3B/SS eligibility.

i know all about sano and he will be the next big papi....for another team. jesus christ i hate the twins

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
Paxton is like a cross between randy Johnson (velocity... 98+), andy petite (control. and they both look like donkeys), and zito (curve ball)

walker is just a ***** who bailed out on the Arizona fall league cause his gf dumped him

Damn, wut?

trip

stfu
lol yeah. they had him slated for a few starts in the afl. he just up and left crying like a little girl after he got dumped. I mean his gf is in that lingerie football league. mark rypien's daughter. angela? she's hot. but I mean he's worth $5MM at 21 years old. sack up and go trolling kid.