Pics of the CRAPPIEST field you play on

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
In another thread I promised to get a pic of this field so I did. I should have gotten a pic last night of the other field we use in this league, it's pristine, for a town field. This means the grass is mowed and the field is dragged. This field, not so much.........

2011-08-14092811.jpg

I don't know the exact dimentions, but it's about 280+, 300, 275ish. Out league actually supplied the fence out there and put it up. We used to have gappers roll into the woods for doubles and balls that would have been off the fence for HR's.

middlesopenalld

Extra Hitter
No pics, but one of the fields we played on last year they had a garbage can in lc to cover a hole that you could lose a volkswagon in.

TXOutlaws

Coach
This is technically the worst field I play on......it's the only one I play on.

<3 it, oh and sorry for the cell pic

bldfield.jpg

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
What the hell is that in right field? Chickens???lol

Geese. :D What was funny was RIGHT as the ump told us to take the field, they politely moved off to the side.

I should give more backgorund to this field.

Behind me and down a hill is another field, but completely unplayable, makes this one look like a pro ballpark. Up a hill behind it, is the old town landfill, complete with PVC methane drain pipes so it doesn't explode.

This park is litterally a dump.

TXOutlaws

Coach
LOL, no sir.... it has a crowd on the wall of every field.

It's kind of cool to pull a HR and hit some paper guy right in the face...unless you're the typical SBF member who hits 400+ bombs...then you just go right over their heads. :p

txslugga

DO WORK SON!!!!
In another thread I promised to get a pic of this field so I did. I should have gotten a pic last night of the other field we use in this league, it's pristine, for a town field. This means the grass is mowed and the field is dragged. This field, not so much.........

2011-08-14092811.jpg

I don't know the exact dimentions, but it's about 280+, 300, 275ish. Out league actually supplied the fence out there and put it up. We used to have gappers roll into the woods for doubles and balls that would have been off the fence for HR's.

I've played on worse...imagine that infield all the way through the outfield but way bumpier...good to practice fielding bad hops though...wish I had a pic but I don't play there anymore

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans

2011-08-14092811.jpg

This is just wrong!

Rmc1981

Addicted to Softballfans
No pics but I subbed at league about 30 mins away last week. Outfield grass was almost to my knees. Outfielders literally lost the ball!! Batters box forced you to stand on a steep slope until you took your step. Foot landed 8 inches below the plate. Had one small rain and no one raked so there were mud holes all through the infield. At 3rd and SS it stepped up about 6 inches to the grass. On second base side it dropped almost a foot.

Next night I go back for playoffs. They mowed. That was helpful except now it looked like a hayfield. They could have baled it but no, they just left it

murc

No pics but I subbed at league about 30 mins away last week. Outfield grass was almost to my knees. Outfielders literally lost the ball!! Batters box forced you to stand on a steep slope until you took your step. Foot landed 8 inches below the plate. Had one small rain and no one raked so there were mud holes all through the infield. At 3rd and SS it stepped up about 6 inches to the grass. On second base side it dropped almost a foot.

Next night I go back for playoffs. They mowed. That was helpful except now it looked like a hayfield. They could have baled it but no, they just left it

Port Arthur lol...

They're building 2 new fields in that park area over the winter... 325' fields with 9' fences, I hear... Home plates are gonna be facing south, so the trade winds are always gonna be blowing in hard from LCF during the non-winter months.. oughta be fun lol.

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
more pics!
(10 characters)

fields around here aren't bad. even our fields for church league (on church property) are nicer than OPs.

hawkeyes18

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't have pictures but the field wasn't in terrible condition, it's that it was only 210'!... There was a 3 homerun limit for guys (then outs after that) and unlimited for girls. You pretty much had to tomahawk it to keep it in. It was in a crumby tournament, needless to say, we'll never play there again

checker1983

This was a field we were supposed to play on sunday morning.:eek::eek: This was after a rainstorm on Thursday night and sunny weather since then and about 75 degrees. The drainage system here plain sucked:mad::mad:
And Yes, those are bleachers behind 2nd base. I guess they forgot we had a game here.

get-attachmentaspx.jpg

Rmc1981

Addicted to Softballfans
Port Arthur lol...

They're building 2 new fields in that park area over the winter... 325' fields with 9' fences, I hear... Home plates are gonna be facing south, so the trade winds are always gonna be blowing in hard from LCF during the non-winter months.. oughta be fun lol.

Ahhh, you recognize the place. I hate the crap we deal with in Bmt, but when I play on the fields down there, it reminds me of how bad it could be.

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
This was a field we were supposed to play on sunday morning.:eek::eek: This was after a rainstorm on Thursday night and sunny weather since then and about 75 degrees. The drainage system here plain sucked:mad::mad:
And Yes, those are bleachers behind 2nd base. I guess they forgot we had a game here.

get-attachmentaspx.jpg

We've got a contender.........

But you don't have weeds and crabgrass throughout your infield. :D

Just got 4th at state, pretty amazing it was held at the worst park I have ever played. PAST TIME PARK IN HARRISON OHIO