Pitcher hit in VA

bennyboi501

Addicted to Softballfans
Wow. My prayers got out to that pitcher and his family. There's some people that take softball way too serious." I intentionally try to hit the pitcher going middle." Really??? I am all for pitchers wearing face masks

BIGTARGET

Addicted to Softballfans
As a pitcher I want to know why is it that everyone says WE are the ones that we need headgear - If everyone played the "GAME" instead of trying to win the 8" trophy or the facebook photo or the notoriety of winning a sport that somebody else is probably better at. Come on folks this guy is permanently injured over an E player in a fall small time tourney. The case here should be the punishment for cheating and how can it be prevented?

packerbacker796

Bi-Polar as they Come
There has to be a way to X ray a bat or something on the cheap for quick testing. Otherwise both teams have to use the same bats.

Jason22

Starting Player
Well if pitchers would just learn how to shave they're gloves maybe? Lol

lol, wish it's work...i'd be a much better 3rd baseman...as far a head gear, IF i pitched i'd wear it for sure...seen too many close calls not to. hope they guy's okay, if you dont have the bat control to keep the ball of the pitchers face maybe you shouldnt be swinging

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
lol, wish it's work...i'd be a much better 3rd baseman...as far a head gear, IF i pitched i'd wear it for sure...seen too many close calls not to. hope they guy's okay, if you dont have the bat control to keep the ball of the pitchers face maybe you shouldnt be swinging

Nobody does at all times, and it's the pitcher's job to throw the batter's off. I've heard people blame the pitcher because they hit him. If he'd just throw meat I wouldn't go middle. Give me a break!! Why not just play tee ball?

I don't have a problem with people hitting 400', but the number of people doing it now, and the number of people doing it somewhat regularly is a Red Flag to anyone paying attention.

softballin101

Addicted to Softballfans
^ Lmfao. Maybe he shoulda had a Mizuno glove. Then he woulda caught it.

I have a Mizuno glove and on some days I swear I can't catch a cold but its usually from not tracking it, that glove is the **** though. People giving my home state a bad name on here though!