pitcher leg guards need reviews for samurai and schutt air maxx

milesej05

The Rookie
Protects the distal radius and ulna. I never wore one until a few years ago at first base, had a SS that always threw hard and low and took one off the wrist on a backhand.

Thanks for the explanation. I have a buddy who wears one when he plays SS (pretty sure he has Munchausen syndrome) and never knew why. I play 3rd and only wear a glove and mouthguard...makes more sense playing 1st base (at least to me)

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the explanation. I have a buddy who wears one when he plays SS (pretty sure he has Munchausen syndrome) and never knew why. I play 3rd and only wear a glove and mouthguard...makes more sense playing 1st base (at least to me)
They make a fielder's guard that's on the inside of your arm right above the glove for bad hops. If you're looking to buy you have to be careful because some places use the s same pic for the one for fielders and hitters and they're very different in size and shape. The batters guard obviously goes on the outside as well.

Picked up some of these today for $15 at a used sports store. They have a bunch of them brand new. I'm 6'6" and they fit perfect. I plan on cutting the foot piece and maybe some of the knee off.

I took a hard shot off the shin with a classic M a couple weeks ago at 3rd and I definitely don't want it to happen while pitching.

s2sne9.png

RECKLESSxRUBEN

Picked up some of these today for $15 at a used sports store. They have a bunch of them brand new. I'm 6'6" and they fit perfect. I plan on cutting the foot piece and maybe some of the knee off.

I took a hard shot off the shin with a classic M a couple weeks ago at 3rd and I definitely don't want it to happen while pitching.

s2sne9.png
i know you said used sports store but are the ones they have used or new? i know some of those used sports stores sell new stuff that people need to get rid of

i know you said used sports store but are the ones they have used or new? i know some of those used sports stores sell new stuff that people need to get rid of
These particular guards were new. The guy said someone came in with a bunch of them new in boxes. It's a play it again type store.