Pitchers glove

Normy

There's probably other threads on this topic...I'm sure Joker will let me know if there is. Need some opinions on good pitching gloves. Price is not an issue. Looking for good quality leather that is well padded.

Willing to possibly trade for a few Combats :p

tonys1

All-star makes a padded batting glove for catchers, that might work for you.

I don't know a lot about gloves, but read that mesh on the Rawlings is good for that split second more of reaction time as it's lighter.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
The Vinci's I've owned previously were well padded IMO (TJ 1952).

I now prefer the Wilson 1799 pattern, and with 2 in the pinky padding isn't really an issue.

I just picked up an All Start System 7 H-web. Not sure it's gonna play as wide as my A2K 1799, but the padding seems very nice.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use a 12.75, but one of the local conference pitchers uses a 15" Easton salvo I think. I think he put stays in the pinky and thumb to keep them stiff or something, but he just uses that cheap Easton. I may go that route when it's time to replace. At fifty feet we're all guessing sometimes anyway.

Normy

I use a 12.75, but one of the local conference pitchers uses a 15" Easton salvo I think. I think he put stays in the pinky and thumb to keep them stiff or something, but he just uses that cheap Easton. I may go that route when it's time to replace. At fifty feet we're all guessing sometimes anyway.
Yeah, it's more user error on my part than blaming a specific glove. This was a wake up call to get set on every pitch...whether you think the player is gonna swing or not. Complacency can be costly.

Dr. Funkenstein

Addicted to Softballfans
I had a good pair of Mizuno padded batting gloves that took most of the sting out of the liners back to me, but sadly they fell apart and I haven't been able to find another pair like them.

Now I just duck more.