Any pitching glove

Lurker765

Addicted to Softballfans
Is it illigeal to wear a batting glove while pitching

ASA:
B. A pitcher shall not wear any item on the pitching hand, wrist, forearm, elbow
or thighs, which may, in the umpire’s judgment, be distracting to the batter.
Batting gloves may not be worn on the pitching hand.

it gets so humid here where i play,that i'll use a wrist band to keep the sweat from running down to my hand ,and i have been lucky so far.now i don't use one that is the same color as the ball,tho.and i do know your not to supposed to have anything on the pitching hand,so if called on it i would take it off.

jdub47421

I heart Tator
It also depends on the umpire... We were playing fall league last year and the temperature was down close to 35 and the umpire allowed my to use a batting glove to pitch so I could continue to feel my hand...

It also depends on the umpire... We were playing fall league last year and the temperature was down close to 35 and the umpire allowed my to use a batting glove to pitch so I could continue to feel my hand...

thats it,hell we had 20 back in jan this year:eek: :D.cold doesn't bother my pitching hand,just can't handle the sweat or a wet ball for me.

chiefgator

Crafty Veteran
And just for grins... USSSA:

RULE 6. PITCHING RULE
Sec. 1. AT NO TIME during the progress of the game shall the pitcher be allowed to
use tape or any other substance, including a glove, upon the pitching hand or fingers; nor
shall any foreign substance be applied to the ball, provided that, under supervision and control
of the umpire, a bag containing powdered resin may be used to dry the hands.

reese10

The Veteran
In ASA you can wear wrist bands on your pitching hand as well as tape on your fingers but no batting glove on the pitching hand.

Per ASA Rule 6 Section 5. Foreign Substance: The pitcher may wear tapeon the fingers or a sweatband on the wrist or forearm of the pitching arm. Batting gloves may not be worn on the pitching hand.