pitching Helmet

bluedevilfan78

even with the bag
I am going to buy a helmet for pitching this season. I haven pitched in about 4 years and want to be a little more protected. What is the best kind you can get. Visibility and light weight i am looking at the lacrosse type helemets.

bluedevilfan78

even with the bag
I will be the only one in our league but i dont care this is a new team i am going to be on and we have nobody to pitch. I am the only one that can. I am def going to wear one for sure.

ALB_Bones

Philippians 4:13
They have been tough to find, if you can't find one some people have suggested using lacrosse helmet.

birdman12

Addicted to Softballfans
worth helmets are great, but the black coloring makes them extremely hot if playing day games.

pnpxtreme

Lights Out Sports
I tried the Worth pitching helmet.. and it just did not feel comfortable. Felt very top heavy, like if I got hit in the face it would shoot off. I now have a Cascade lacrosse helmet. I like it so much more. Better vision and more comfortable on my head. A little bit more expensive than the Worth helmet, but IMO well worth it. I got mine at lacrosse monkey.com

bluedevilfan78

even with the bag
I tried the Worth pitching helmet.. and it just did not feel comfortable. Felt very top heavy, like if I got hit in the face it would shoot off. I now have a Cascade lacrosse helmet. I like it so much more. Better vision and more comfortable on my head. A little bit more expensive than the Worth helmet, but IMO well worth it. I got mine at lacrosse monkey.com

Dont the bars effect ur vision.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
faceOffSpecs.png

pnpxtreme

Lights Out Sports
Dont the bars effect ur vision.

believe it or not.. they really dont. The way I look at the plate brings the bars out of vision. (you could even cut one of the bars out of the way.. but Im not sure how safe that is. The USA futures team pitcher did that.)

Zilla49

<font color="#FF3399">Zilla Monster</font>
like that helmet...looks like itd be a little heavy though.
i bought this for my pops that pitches for my team
406232_10150949901397805_741941360_n.jpg

TurboLumpy

Hum it in there
Finally starting to see some popping up in my league/area. Can't believe pitchers dont feel the need for protection. I would be in full goalie pads if ever asked to pitch.

saint

Same here Lumpy. When in the infield, I wear a mouthpeice and people ask questions like they've never seen one.

dgambill85

Banned User
That combat face off shatters upon impact I thought. Wasn't there a post showing it. Yeah the ball doesn't impact your face but the shrapnel could get you in the eye so what's the point of that. I did take a throw from my teammate covering first this weekend straight in my worth mask and it worked very well. Granted not a batted ball but worked nonetheless

sbfreak

D Nation ALL DAY!!!
I just got a worth helmet this year, and it's great. I field much better with it on. I think i just feel more confident or something. I definitely recommend it to anyone who pitches. It makes no sense to not protect yourself. I'll take the dumbass comments over paying the hospital bill if I ever got smoked.

kaerey

Addicted to Softballfans
I love my Worth Pitcher's Helmet. Far more comfortable than anything that squeezes onto the face like the FaceOff or GameFace. Check the link in my signature for lots of other opinions.

adkins1203

Addicted to Softballfans
Your local "used sporting goods store" will have all kinds of Lacrosse helmets at good prices. Was in there today and they had them for like 30 bucks like new. I mean if you feel like risking lice of course. If vision is a problem you could always hack saw and sand it down to your specs.

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
I use a Worth Helmet and love it. Painted it recently...our colors are texas orange, black and white.
Helmet.jpg

saint

That combat face off shatters upon impact I thought. Wasn't there a post showing it. Yeah the ball doesn't impact your face but the shrapnel could get you in the eye so what's the point of that. I did take a throw from my teammate covering first this weekend straight in my worth mask and it worked very well. Granted not a batted ball but worked nonetheless

No sir, you should rewatch the video.

http://faceofftruestory.com/

R-Factor

Addicted to Softballfans
Does anyone use these helmets for batting or running bases? I am looking for a helmet/mask to wear at all times while on the field. Sounds silly right? Well check out the pictures. I was sliding feet first into second and the short stop through the ball and hit me in the left eye. It broke my lower orbital bone and tore the macular in my retina. I have been out of work now for over a month and I am blind in my left eye, with no medical fix available for it. The fact that it happened when running the bases goes to show you that it can happen at any point. Not just pitching or receiving a bad hop in the infield. Oh, and I had sunglasses on too. With out the glasses they say I would have probably lost my eye completely. Warning - These Pictures Are Nasty!

Last edited:

gsus03

Banned User
anybody have a picture of somebody wearing the the rip it mask with visor? really like the looks and they come in a few different colors I am more intersted in it for fielding seeing as how I very rarely pitch

TurboLumpy

Hum it in there
Does anyone use these helmets for batting or running bases? I am looking for a helmet/mask to wear at all times while on the field. Sounds silly right? Well check out the pictures. I was sliding feet first into second and the short stop through the ball and hit me in the left eye. It broke my lower orbital bone and tore the macular in my retina. I have been out of work now for over a month and I am blind in my left eye, with no medical fix available for it. The fact that it happened when running the bases goes to show you that it can happen at any point. Not just pitching or receiving a bad hop in the infield. Oh, and I had sunglasses on too. With out the glasses they say I would have probably lost my eye completely. Warning - These Pictures Are Nasty!

Holy ****. I quit softball.

saint

damn RFactor... looks like your glasses is what split your eye. what sunglasses did you have on?

R-Factor

Addicted to Softballfans
damn RFactor... looks like your glasses is what split your eye. what sunglasses did you have on?

Yeah, your probably right. However the cheap Igogs I was wearing were unscathed! I wont be wearing anything other than high quality polycarbonite's from now on though.