pitching on the rubber...

Mr. Roper

Addicted to Softballfans
play in an ASA/SCMAF league. single wall (if that matters). fields we play at have two rubbers a few feet apart. last night i'm pitching from the rubber nearest the plate like i've done in many games before. ump tells me i can't, i need to pitch from the furthest one. is that a rule?

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
If the second one is the correct distance laid out in the rulebook, the yeah, it is a rule.

At least locally, all the fields with two pitching rubbers have both because they're used for girl's/women's FP games as well as men's games.

Pretty

Softball is cool
I sometimes pitch 2-3 feet behind the regulation on pending the local rules. I agree why would you even consider pitching from the closer one.

Mr. Roper

Addicted to Softballfans
If the second one is the correct distance laid out in the rulebook, the yeah, it is a rule.

At least locally, all the fields with two pitching rubbers have both because they're used for girl's/women's FP games as well as men's games.

to my knowledge there is no correct distance. i was hoping someone with more knowledge of either ASA or SCMAF rules might know. normally we play with a pitcher's circle marked on the field and you can pitch from anywhere within that circle, but i haven't seen one marked in a long time (chalk must be expensive :rolleyes: ).

I sometimes pitch 2-3 feet behind the regulation on pending the local rules. I agree why would you even consider pitching from the closer one.

it's a single wall league, so i'm not too afraid of getting blasted. and after i pitch i back up a few feet so i'm usually behind the furthest rubber anyway.

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
to my knowledge there is no correct distance. i was hoping someone with more knowledge of either ASA or SCMAF rules might know. normally we play with a pitcher's circle marked on the field and you can pitch from anywhere within that circle, but i haven't seen one marked in a long time (chalk must be expensive :rolleyes: ).

So if the rubber was sitting behind second base, and had a chalk circle around it, you'd pitch from there?

MoeKnowsSoftbal

Addicted to Softballfans
We have two rubbers at our county parks. 50' and 55'. As long as one foot or toe is in contact with that "box", you're good.

When I pitch, I move back and forth between the two. Also mixing arcs. Anything to disrupt timing.

Gulf Coast Blue

Addicted to Softballfans
play in an ASA/SCMAF league. single wall (if that matters). fields we play at have two rubbers a few feet apart. last night i'm pitching from the rubber nearest the plate like i've done in many games before. ump tells me i can't, i need to pitch from the furthest one. is that a rule?

Here is the ASA tables.....of course....your league in California can decide whatever it wants to do.

Joel

Slow Pitch Men 65’ 50’ 300’ 315’