Geezer 2- 128km/h
EL MM gear- 134km/h
BA mm gear- 135km/h
Jak'd- 135km/h

Last edited:

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
Ought to get good saving my space while I think about it

before it gets too good, i guess i'll elaborate.

asa:
27oz 2b juggy, tons of hits
28oz 1b juggy, even more hits
27oz fse, niw
27oz mlc, 200ish hits
27oz one.12, 400ish hits
27oz ss, 100ish hits
27oz ssr2, 400ish hits
27oz ssr4, 300ish hits
27oz srv6, niw

nsa:
27oz legend, 300ish hits
28oz cartel, 150ish hits
28oz stadium, 100ish hits
27oz cdn otc, 700ish hits
27oz vx2, 200ish hits

senior:
27oz jak'd, 600ish hits
27oz mm gear bal long barrel, unknown but lots
27oz mm gear EL short barrel, unknown but lots
28oz geezer, x2, unknown hits

i tend to hit soft, balanced to midload bats better, or at least more often. my asa gamer is the 27oz juggy, nsa gamer is cdn otc, and senior bat is either of the mm gear's.

i'm hoping to do this test next weekend, as i'm rediculously busy this weekend. plan is to set up the radar behind the back stop, and whack some balls off a tee. i just want to know what bats i currently have at my disposal are the most broken in, or i swing the best. i'm also interested to see the difference between association's. and of course, what my BBS is. i'm going to predict 80mph for that, haha.

iowa_kid

Manager
Its a toss up between juggy and your other asa sticks depends on what is more broke in.. But would guess juggy or one.12 maybe or swagger if u have lots of swings on it..

Utrip .. I say cartel wins possibly vx2 as its very similar and the way cartel hits exit speed is its strong suit

Senior.. Again Toss up I love the geezer but distance is really well but not sure that nec translates to ext speed.. I'll say mm or nemi wins that battle

Begs

Addicted to Softballfans
Ummmm a bat doesn't regulate swing speed...strength of batter does. I can swing an ASA bat the same speed as a USSSA bat only difference is how fast the ball leaves the bar!

Begs

Addicted to Softballfans
Ahhhhh makes sense now...isn't this what USSSA did that started the whole ball rolling to get new bat regulations is because there was so much irregularity with bat speeds...

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
Ummmm a bat doesn't regulate swing speed...strength of batter does. I can swing an ASA bat the same speed as a USSSA bat only difference is how fast the ball leaves the bar!

And that's what he's gonna test how fast it comes off the bat

exactly, the only reason i included the 'how well i swing it' part is because i do NOT intend this to be a definitive test of which bat is better. just which one of my bats i hit best with. i'm sure some of my bats will be swung faster than others, and to be honest, i don't really care if i hit the ball faster because the bat is hotter, or i swing it better. i just want to know which bat i'm most likely to get a hit with;)

cobraklr96

Swings the best- STADIUMS
28 juggy

28 cartel

either 28/40oz geezer's

My guess is all due to weight. I would pick the stadium but it wont be nearly as ready as the cartel.

rcsd23

Extra Hitter
Cool thing you're doing here.

My picks
1st batch-- juggy or one of the Easton's
2nd batch--Cartel or Larry
3rd batch--idk..I'm not an OG yet

longspear

Addicted to Softballfans
Marked for later,

I'm going with
1. 1B Juggy
2. Cartel
3. Jak'd

What balls will you be hitting with?

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
Marked for later,

I'm going with
1. 1B Juggy
2. Cartel
3. Jak'd

What balls will you be hitting with?

i was wondering about that too. probably an old gold dot. since i'm going to be hitting into the backstop, i'm assuming the ball will be trash by the end of the day. maybe use a new ball each 'round' too.

Addicted to Softballfans
Should use a new ball for each bat, that way you can eliminate the possibility of a mushy, trashed ball giving the later bats a slower exit speed.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
Should use a new ball for each bat, that way you can eliminate the possibility of a mushy, trashed ball giving the later bats a slower exit speed.

i considered that, but also figured the difference between balls would be greater than the difference between one ball after 100hits and the same ball after 120hits.

the way i'd go about it is to hit the bats in a pyramid order. ie, start with geezer, then mm gear, then jak'd, jak'd, mm gear, geezer. if the second round of the bat is any difference than the first, i'll know something's up and start over.

ps, i just came back from doing the above. will piece together a short vid to show results. but i can tell you, i didn't notice much change from the beginning to the end of testing.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
Ok, here's episode 1:

senior bats:
weather was around 15C, sunny, clear, low wind
ball used was an old dudley thunder heat .47COR

i used this as a 'getting to know the equipment' test. did one round in kph and one in mph. for sake of the ego i'm just going to stick with kph from now on...

first test: KPH
Geezer 1- 129km/h
Geezer 2- 128km/h
EL MM gear- 134km/h
BA mm gear- 135km/h
Jak'd- 135km/h *this video was conveniently 'lost' as my camera slid down on the bag before any results were filmed :(. the highest i have on camera is 129km/h i think

video clip:
http://youtu.be/QpT72os3e94

round 2: MPH(new placement of radar as well, i BELIEVE to be more consistent, but i don't know which was more accurate. the numbers from the two test don't convert exactly)
Geezer 1- 82mph
Geezer 2- 81mph
EL MM gear- 82mph
BA mm gear-83mph
Jak'd- 83mph

the things i learned today. the radar is pretty finicky, but seems to either work or not. ie, i'd get readings above 100km/h, or below 70, pretty much nothing in the middle. so i'm comfident the results reported are pretty close. second, looking at just the max speed achieved with each bat, there's very little difference. having gone through the testing, i do feel i have learned which bats work best for me, and it wasn't exactly how i predicted(i thought 'geezer 2' was more broken in). last, i need to try awfully hard to break 80mph with a senior bat... :(

Last edited:

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
You hitting around 80mph with senior bats. How far are your average hr's with those bats?

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
You hitting around 80mph with senior bats. How far are your average hr's with those bats?

what's a HR?

seriously though, i play on open fields and all my HR's are hard liners to the gap. i rarely if ever hit the ball over an outfielder that knows what they are doing.

the closest i've come to hitting one over a fence in a game was rattling the fence with a 26oz juggy a few years ago. fence was 300, we were hitting grey dots in fall ball.

if i went by my best judgement, which is always tough, i'd guess i can hit 325-330 with a senior bat without too much wind affecting it. actually now that i think about it, one time i was hitting BP off a tee with the jak'd and evil BP's and was able to pop those over a fence 315 without too much trouble. but those evils FLY compared to game balls, so i'm probably even less than 325ft

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
Thought I saw a chart done in a study once that had ultra 2 hitting a bbs of 114mph.