Plate Diagram

stpws40

Addicted to Softballfans
Does anybody have a plate diagram that shows strikes vs balls? I know it has a lot to do with where it crosses the plate but just curious. I was playing rec and we were up by 11 runs. Umpire says y'all's strike zone is about to swell up. I watched a decent pitch just to low for me, I'm 6'4", next pitch comes in low too and hits the black on the side of plate by a 1/2 inch and kicks over to my foot. Calls a strike.i leaned down and circled the small part of the dirt where it hit and said good god I brought a bat not my nine iron, he threatens to throw me out.

MH785

Addicted to Softballfans
Way to be the guy looking for a free pass and arguing calls when you're up big. Swing the bat for crying out loud. Maybe Golf is more you're style...

DanGer1285

Addicted to Softballfans
The strike zone is supposed to be a certain way but damn near every single ump is going to call it differently. I only advocate talking walks in tournament/playoff games if the score is close. Being up 10+ in league? Why aren't you swinging at anything remotely close?

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
Good case in point for a mat. A lot of umps I see without the mat the strike zone moves with the batter which makes no sense.