USSSA Player eligibility protest (USSSA)

Smcfzr

Starting Player
I was just looking for clarification on the rule for protesting a players eligibility. I know weve all been there where youre down guys and you need to grab a couple or risk forfeiting. Well my team had 7 and we grabbed 2 guys we knew to play the game. We know a bunch of the guys from the opposing team so they knew these two guys werent on the roster from the very start of the game. We end up pulling away from them in the last inning to a 7 run lead with them being the home team and still getting their last ab's. So with 2 outs in the last inning when it looks like theyre going to lose they decide to do an id check. Being that they knew from the very start isnt that when they shouldve protested by rule?

Taprootgft

Addicted to Softballfans
Check your local rules, many leagues do not allow roster protests, or state that the protest must be declared either when you exchange lineups or before a certain point in the game.

sjury

The Old Man
Many leagues have open rosters, and it doesn't matter. Some leagues, like municipal leagues, have players fees, signature cards, and rules against using guys that are not on the roster and have a paid league fee and registration card in, it's 10% about insurance and the injury liability waiver, and 90% about the extra $20 a player. In our league, the team forfeits and the manager is suspended for 2 games.

jpjedi27

Too Old to Play
Roster protests in league should be illegal, however you should do it as soon as it's noticed otherwise.