Playing in my first real sanctioned tournament and have some questions

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
I have been on teams where the game ended and we lost when we hit a dbo. One of the most depressing ways to lose.

Lord7

Banned User
I have been on teams where the game ended and we lost when we hit a dbo. One of the most depressing ways to lose.

I don't think my team minded all that much. They seemed eager to get back and drink more beer. I was tired of hearing a few of them whine to be honest. It was my favorite hit of the whole tournament and that is what its all about, the memories!

stork

We play with different kinds of teams and different mindsets. I get that.

stork

Yes, but the mindset was yours. As I said, we are different and I get that.

Lord7

Banned User
Yes, but the mindset was yours. As I said, we are different and I get that.

Are you Implying that we are different bc you can't hit near 400 foot walk off homers? That is what I'm getting from this exchange of words we ate having.

stork

I never have hit a 400' hr and at this point I doubt I will ever. But that is a superficial difference. Don't be mad, differences are what makes the world go round.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
So, you hit a true walkoff (walked off the fields)? As in you hit a DBO and your guys tourney was done? And you did it on purpose?

stork

But it wasn't his team. I mean it was him, but not him cuz not his team. But it did travel a long way so he wins according to him.

stork

But he hits 400' hr's. I am just glad I don't play on 400' fields as my hr's only go about 310-320 generally.

Lord7

Banned User
So, you hit a true walkoff (walked off the fields)? As in you hit a DBO and your guys tourney was done? And you did it on purpose?

I hit an inning ender in the top of the 7th. I wouldnt say I for sure did it on purpose. I picked a spot on the pitcher's forehead and said I was going to hit it as hard as possible. I hit it and the ball took off like a rocket. Unlike any homer I ever hit before. A missile that got 15 feet off the ground at its highest point. The crowd was very impressed, as was I. Game over.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
I hit an inning ender in the top of the 7th. I wouldnt say I for sure did it on purpose. I picked a spot on the pitcher's forehead and said I was going to hit it as hard as possible. I hit it and the ball took off like a rocket. Unlike any homer I ever hit before. A missile that got 15 feet off the ground at its highest point. The crowd was very impressed, as was I. Game over.

So it was a mis-hit? Not to mention you're a real class act aiming for the pitcher's head.

stork

But you missed the pitcher you were aiming for. I thought I had this figured out, but now I am confused. Was it a pitcher on another field or was he a spectator?

Lord7

Banned User
But you missed the pitcher you were aiming for. I thought I had this figured out, but now I am confused. Was it a pitcher on another field or was he a spectator?

I only missed him bc he ducked down like a little ***** to get out of the way.

stork

If that thing travelled 400' and almost hit him, ***** or not he was smart to get out of the way. Must have been traveling at 150+mph. Live to play another day. It is only softball after all.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
You sound like a horrible teammate bro. Glad your personal glory comes in front of the team. You sound like a Yankee guy.

stork

Personal glory is all he cares about even when that glory is only apparent to him. He is his own glory hole.

Lord7

Banned User
You sound like a horrible teammate bro. Glad your personal glory comes in front of the team. You sound like a Yankee guy.

:yawn: Horrible teammate? We wouldn't have even been in that game had I not won us one earlier with an off the fence stand up 3 run double. I'd hope the teammates would show some damn gratitude for even getting to play with me.

Kaji

Addicted to Softballfans
I hit it and the ball took off like a rocket. Unlike any homer I ever hit before. A missile that got 15 feet off the ground at its highest point. The crowd was very impressed, as was I. Game over.

So that means you hit the ball harder than guys like Connell, Fulk, Helmer, Robo, all those guys? Not thinking this is the truth.

out-cast

Manager
I briefly skimmed through this thread. Who were you playing for 7? We were knocked out after the 9:45pm game yesterday.