Please compare and contrast the 2011 OG z1k and the OG z2k utrip versions

Lord7

Banned User
OG z2K is my favorite all time bat. Love the huge sweetspot, feel, distance, and basically everything about it. I've read quite a few guys saying that the OG z1k was better. So, if you think that way or have swung both bats, please compare and contrast them for me.

I found a local brand new z1k and thought about picking it up but $ is kind of high.

ragals17

Addicted to Softballfans
Utrip z1k far superior to the z2k in all aspects , people will say they are fragile but any bat will be if you hit harder balls. If 52/300s are used bat is just as durable as anything else

whitelt1ta

Addicted to Softballfans
i agree utrip z1k was unreal. never had one bust on me either using the 52/300 balls we use where i play. not to knock the og z2k also an awesome bat but if i could still swing the z1k i would

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
why were people getting rid of z1k's for $100 or so niw if they were so good? and compared to pretty much all other old stamped bats, yes, they were fragile. and how you gonna say they were "far superior". Lord7, u know better than the listen to this bs. ANYTHING far superior to a z2k would be banned in a second.

ESuperst4r

Addicted to Softballfans
I currently still swing og z1k el's in anything but utrip and currently have a ri el for my new stamp bat and have trouble telling a distance in sweet spot or distance between them. I'm sure most would agree or else the og z1k's would fetch BIG bucks.

Lord7

Banned User
why were people getting rid of z1k's for $100 or so niw if they were so good? and compared to pretty much all other old stamped bats, yes, they were fragile. and how you gonna say they were "far superior". Lord7, u know better than the listen to this bs. ANYTHING far superior to a z2k would be banned in a second.

You are right Lou. I lost my senses momentarily. Did you end up picking up a Z2k?

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
not yet ace. im in no rush. softball is officially done until next april around these parts. our team starts hitting the cages around feb. i was gonna pick one up, but i kinda want to see what the verdict is on the z3k first before i blow $220+ on the z2k. plus i have 2 teammates that have 1 og bal and 1 og el. it is still the top stick on my radar at the moment though.

djh88stang

The Veteran
Seems the 2011 Utrip is probably the worst of the Utrip Z's if you ask me. Z2000 is better in my opinion than the 2012 Z1000. I sold my Z1000 and only swing Z2000's now for Utrip. Waiting to see about the Z3000 also before picking one up!

Johnston

Addicted to Softballfans
I have liked every Z i have swung but the 2011 Utrip z1k is the hottest. GUess it all depends on your swing, but it seemed to really fit mine.

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
Z2K IMO is hotter. My cousin picked up a Z1K. Swung it in the cage at the beginning of the year and it was impressive. Took it out and hit live pitches and while good it wasn't as good as the Z2K. At least a couple of us didn't think so. Only thing wrong with this though is the Z1K was the blue asa and the og z2k was a balanced utrip. WCUranger had a Z1K utrip I swung about 10-20 times and I didn't care for it at all.

KoolAid

My opinion...

Z1K = anyone can hit it out with this bat

Z2K = you have to work a bit to get it out

Z1K hits mush balls better

Z2k (good QC only) will last a lot longer and get just as hot. Not the best with mush balls though.

KoolAid

This might have something to do with USSSA going to the new stamp. Some people only have 2 associations to play in their area (ASA and USSSA).

kayakmaker

Average at best
Og (2011) > all other Zs
I currently have 2, 2011 z1k and have broken 2 others
And I have a ri z2k.
All z1ks have more pop. The barrel on the 1k just feels hotter @ contact. The z2k is hot, I like it, but is a step behind my z1s.
As for durability, the 2 ogs I broke lasted at least 1000 swings

ragals17

Addicted to Softballfans
My opinion...

Z2k (good QC only) will last a lot longer and get just as hot. Not the best with mush balls though.

^^^^^ all statements above are true , wish TPS wouldn't not of changed what they had with the z1ks, it wasn't broke, why did they fix it?

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
Its quite simple.. the 2011 Z was their best bat, but its biggest issue was the durability, so they made the 2012 version a little more durable, which took a little bit of the pop out of the bat..

ragals17

Addicted to Softballfans
I have 2 niw 2011s and 2 niw 2012s utrip z1ks and personally prefer the the 12s over the 11s and do not notice that much difference .....and game 2011 and game 2012 z1ks

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
My opinion...

What? These are the most ridiculous things I have ever read, but then again you said your opinion.

Swung both and I'm not a power hitter, plus my swing sucks.

Never even sniffed the fence with the z1k. Hell never even got 2 or 3 bounces and hit the fence. Z2K was easily one hopping to the fence. I half swung it and centered the top rail of the fence with a 52/275 ball. On the same field I swung the z1k with harder balls. Yet how is that possible if anyone can hit one out with a z1k

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
Apparently I'm doing something right if I can get more distance out of a bat you have to "work a bit to get it out".

KoolAid

Yes, everyone has their own opinions and what works from one might not work for the other. I have seen guys weighing in at a heavy 135lbs hit the ball 330ft with the OG Z, and the same guys fly out to the warning track. Depends on the guy swinging it.

I am a power hitter and prefer the stiff feel and feedback of the Z2K over the Z1K.

What? These are the most ridiculous things I have ever read, but then again you said your opinion.

Swung both and I'm not a power hitter, plus my swing sucks.

Never even sniffed the fence with the z1k. Hell never even got 2 or 3 bounces and hit the fence. Z2K was easily one hopping to the fence. I half swung it and centered the top rail of the fence with a 52/275 ball. On the same field I swung the z1k with harder balls. Yet how is that possible if anyone can hit one out with a z1k

Lord7

Banned User
Yes, everyone has their own opinions and what works from one might not work for the other. I have seen guys weighing in at a heavy 135lbs hit the ball 330ft with the OG Z, and the same guys fly out to the warning track. Depends on the guy swinging it.

I am a power hitter and prefer the stiff feel and feedback of the Z2K over the Z1K.

So you are saying a z2k is stiffer than the z1k? Like stiff in the barrel? BC I think my z2ks are very soft at the barrel and that is what I like about them, so if you are saying the z1k is even softer at the barrel then perhaps I need to give them a shot.