Please Convince me !!!

biggm28

Manager
No body around here swings Combats, so I cant just try one out. But all this "hype" about the new ASA only DB's and wanted has me intrigued to say the least.

I currently swing a 28oz L6, which I am mashing and like the feel of, but I am always looking for something that is "better" for me.

Convince me to drop some money on one of these bats, Please :p

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm in love with my Wanted though it is utrip. At first I didn't like it, and only swung my Derby Boys. Decided that I would swing the Wanted in cold weather. Went to a tournament hitting 44/375s. It already had about 200 hits on it. First swing ball jumped off, sound changed. Next at bat the ball jumped off again and I was hooked. Now I can't even get a solid hit with my Derby Boys. It is the only bat I have had in a long time I would never get rid of, and I will probably cry when it breaks.

I swung a 700 hit blackout and about a 300-400 hit z2k last year and while I really liked those bats I definitely wouldn't pick them up over my Wanted with about 300 swings on it. I think I have put another 250ish on there. My cousin has picked up some of the new Worths (black and green Fulk, black and pink jh 454, the yellow legit), and while they are hotter out of the wrapper and are pretty good I still wouldn't pick on up over my Wanted.

usmcluberti

Banned User
I got my buddy in canton ohio to sign up before I moved...if you ever head over that way pm me and I'll give you his info as he's not on sbf

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
Find A Derby Life Advisor. Try Their Bats. Fall In Love. ThenBuy Your Own.

I agree here!

There's tons of hype on the forums here as well..... if it were me I'd drop the $200 and try one out - if you don't like it you can always sell it and not lose too much....

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
You won't regret it. First night of league was last night and I had players from both teams asking where they could find one of these bats. All but two guys on my team were swinging my ASA Wanted by the 2nd game.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
No body around here swings Combats, so I cant just try one out. But all this "hype" about the new ASA only DB's and wanted has me intrigued to say the least.

I currently swing a 28oz L6, which I am mashing and like the feel of, but I am always looking for something that is "better" for me.

Convince me to drop some money on one of these bats, Please :p

After the first couple of weeks in a friend's league they moved to Clinchers, because teams were complaining that the ball was coming off his team's bats (1 DB and 1 Wanted) too fast.

biggm28

Manager
Find A Derby Life Advisor. Try Their Bats. Fall In Love. ThenBuy Your Own.

Not sure what that is :confused:

I got my buddy in canton ohio to sign up before I moved...if you ever head over that way pm me and I'll give you his info as he's not on sbf

I never make it up that way unless im going to TPA to play paintball...lol
But thanks thou

Your quote says everything you need to know.

Sarcasum doent help anyone here bro.... If you dont like them please explain why

After the first couple of weeks in a friend's league they moved to Clinchers, because teams were complaining that the ball was coming off his team's bats (1 DB and 1 Wanted) too fast.

I'm a one peice type of guy. So, that would be the DB 275 correct? The orange one???

ATL Rookie

Manager
Not sure what that is :confused:

Derby Life Advisory Staff. There are quite of few of us around the boards and most of us have it tagged in our sig.

I'm a one peice type of guy. So, that would be the DB 275 correct? The orange one???

Orange one is the ASA only. DB275 is red.

Why should you get one of these new Combats? Very simple, they are the best of the new line.

Derby boys for a quick break in (50-100 swings), Wanted takes a little longer to break in but it flat nasty when it does. Dont be too surprised they become a team bat though. The only 3 people on my teams that dont swing my Combats are the ones that swing heavier 28's and dont like the lighter bats.

Living Legend

Addicted to Softballfans
i would be willing to bet you could find all of the answers you're looking for, by scrolling halfway down the front page of the combat discussion page. plus you would be less likely to aggravate the guys who have to answer these same questions posted in a new thread everyday.

Last edited:

biggm28

Manager
Well, I just said eff it and bought both lines of the ASA only bats.... Hopefully the wife over looks that purchase.
But like they say, its easier to ask for forgivness than permission :p

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
Well, I just said eff it and bought both lines of the ASA only bats.... Hopefully the wife over looks that purchase.
But like they say, its easier to ask for forgivness than permission :p

I like your thinking!

I'm a 1pc guy myself, but I prefer the Wanted. It's has an extremely stiff handle, and just doesn't feel like a 2pc to me.

usmcluberti

Banned User
It really feels like a one piece no doubt, and hopefully your wife is as easy to calm down as mine....I just buy her some taco bell at night and all is forgiven :D

Powersoftball

Extra Hitter
Have about 200 swings on my wanted first combat I have swung let alone owned and I wouldn't put it down for anything guys I take BP with have hit a few times and they are Miken fanatics but they love it and its just getting warm.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
yeah...i bought into the hype back when. my b198 was a dog and my AV wasn't breaking in at all. my m7598 has about 2000 hits on it and the scn9 has about 1500. both are webbed up and hot. i was like i got to try this combat thing again. my dbasa has about 200 swings on it and its outhitting both of them now. its pretty silly. it certainly feels more loaded than either one of those bates but its nice.

while only aesthetic, the sound this thing makes hitting 44's is reminiscent of hitting 50 cors.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
yeah...i bought into the hype back when. my b198 was a dog and my AV wasn't breaking in at all. my m7598 has about 2000 hits on it and the scn9 has about 1500. both are webbed up and hot. i was like i got to try this combat thing again. my dbasa has about 200 swings on it and its outhitting both of them now. its pretty silly. it certainly feels more loaded than either one of those bates but its nice.

while only aesthetic, the sound this thing makes hitting 44's is reminiscent of hitting 50 cors.

The Wanted has an even better sound...it scared the **** out of people when we hit it in the tunnels.

lineshot

Banned User
I'm very confused on which wanted/derby boys has the most exit speed for the 52/300. Would this ranking be correct,

ASA only Derby Boys
Wanted ASA
Wanted 275
DB275
Wanted USSSA
Derby boys usssa

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
I haven't tried the ASA only bats. We hit the 52/275 my ranking with the new line

WantedU
DBU
DB275

So want to try a Wanted275

Joey43

Addicted to Softballfans
What is the difference between the Wanted ASA & the Wanted 275? We use sb12 mush balls in league. Which would be better for these balls?

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
The ASA versions are ONLY an ASA stamp and are good for the harder 44/375 balls as well as the softer 52/300's.

The 275 has all stamps and is made specifically for the softer ball (52/300 and 52/275).