Please don't

I know it's been mentioned here before, but another reminder....use a box. I also like to crumble up paper to put in the palm and put it in a grocery bag. Lucky for me the glove was stiff and didn't develop a crease. I will say that this wasn't purchased here, I think most here understand this.

Joker

ok, so you got your glove. there is nothing wrong with it and your complaining? I get it:thumb:

no its about getting a glove that isn't pancaked. ship it with a ball in it, put it in a bag if the weather is iffy, and put it in a box that won't smash it

aander10

Addicted to Softballfans
no its about getting a glove that isn't pancaked. ship it with a ball in it, put it in a bag if the weather is iffy, and put it in a box that won't smash it

Absolutely. I'm sure this is how we all ship gloves.
If I buy something on the bay, I always request they ship in a box. Nothing more deflating than to see your new purchase pancaked.

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
Respect the glove. This is *****ty. Drives me nuts. You can get a box anywhere, just treat it as if you are send ing a glove to yourself. Is this how you want your glove shipped to you?

I think you should post his name, the next 3 people he buys from, should ship the glove in the same bag.
F

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
The point isn't that THIS glove survived, but that the sender risked damaging the glove. I'd say it's a 50/50 chance that something heavy would squish a glove shipped this way in transit. Even if the sender wouldn't have argued a return if the glove were squished, you are still out the glove you wanted and the time taken to undo the situation.

Of course, some guys like pancakes. I did a local relace. Glove was a complete pancake and the lining had rotted out. During the relacing, I was able to reshape it and redevelop a pocket, partly by lacing in a large new leather palm.

So the guy takes one look at it, says "cool." and closes the glove and starts to mush the pocket to "re-pancake" it. It's his glove, all I could d o is shake my head.

after5_zpsa79e6ea4.jpg

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
I know it's been mentioned here before, but another reminder....use a box. I also like to crumble up paper to put in the palm and put it in a grocery bag. Lucky for me the glove was stiff and didn't develop a crease. I will say that this wasn't purchased here, I think most here understand this.

This is how I ship every glove I sell.

ok, so you got your glove. there is nothing wrong with it and your complaining? I get it:thumb:

This guy right here^^^^Is that how you would have wanted to receive a high quality NWT glove?

BTW OP, very nice pick up. ST el3 is g2g

gtb4

Star Player
This **** drives me nuts. And it happens all the time.
Last year I bought a NWT and still very stiff mid-90's Horween USA HOH for $250 on the bay. I was debating using it or keeping it as a collectable. The seller shipped the glove just like this and after spending 5 days being thrown around in the mail it barely stayed open on it's side anymore. I sent it back.
Maybe we should make a PSA commercial?

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
Shipping in a glove in a bag or flat box is NGTG. Telling a buyer that there is no leather damage (after specifically asking about it) when there actually is and then replying "I'm sorry your expectations were not met" while not offering to make it right is also NGTG.

David the Gnome

The Veteran
Back in January I received two gloves on the same day that were like that. One was in a flat box and the other a padded envelope. The one that had been stuffed in the flat box had a straight crease right down the center of the heel and felt just awful. I sent it off to Davis Relacing and he was able to save it with a relace and some serious mallet work.

2zjcejd.jpg

zl6is4.jpg

After Dan worked his magic:

0205150707b.jpg

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Another guy had a friend use his company's shipping department to send the glove (I guess save a few bucks). The guy gave the glove to his friend with a ball in it, but the friend still put it in a 3" tall FedEx box (ball in pocket). It arrived with folds in the box. Guy was not happy with his friend when I asked about it.

Jomatty

Starting Player
Back in January I received two gloves on the same day that were like that. One was in a flat box and the other a padded envelope. The one that had been stuffed in the flat box had a straight crease right down the center of the heel and felt just awful. I sent it off to Davis Relacing and he was able to save it with a relace and some serious mallet work.

2zjcejd.jpg

zl6is4.jpg

After Dan worked his magic:

0205150707b.jpg
I thought of you and this kp when I first saw this post.

sleddin247

Banned User
and this is the whole reason I made this thread...

I would think that you would post who you got it from so it lets others know not to buy from him, your post was actually useless and it helped no one because I would guess the guys around here don't do that since they take pride in their gloves. I guess everyone took it the wrong way. but it got the glove world a buzzin

Joker

I would think that you would post who you got it from so it lets others know not to buy from him, your post was actually useless and it helped no one because I would guess the guys around here don't do that since they take pride in their gloves. I guess everyone took it the wrong way. but it got the glove world a buzzin

pay attention

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans

Not only was the glove not from a SBF member, but it is actually a useful post educate anyone who might sell a glove but is clueless enough to not know that shipping in a bag is a risky proposition. I seem to remember at least one person who wasn't aware and probably others who didn't admit it.

True enough, if the seller is likely to sell to other SBF members, it might be useful to know (like if it were shutterug or somesuch). My guess is that that is not the case.

sleddin247

Banned User
pay attention

I did pay attention, and as it might be hard to believe this probably isn't the only site to sell and trade gloves. so there for if it was on ebay or another glove site it would be usefull info to post the name of that seller or the name he sells under. and who know if it was bought on ebay if his real name was posted it might even be someone here that goes under a dfifferent name and then you could easily do a "SEARCH" for that person. simple concept on how that works.

If you read the first line....just a reminder to use a box. It was from eBay and guy doesn't sell on their, so no reason to put his name out.

sleddin247

Banned User
If you read the first line....just a reminder to use a box. It was from eBay and guy doesn't sell on their, so no reason to put his name out.

in red makes no sense what so ever. and I read it once again and you never mentioned you bought it on ebay. and sure there is a reason to put his name out there. the same reason it makes sense to start this thread. im sure theres plenty of people that deal on ebay just like they deal on here but under different names

Shoreman

Star Player
Dude, relax. In the end, it's just a glove. And paypal buyer protection is so ironclad, if you're truly not happy, you'll be able to process a return for refund in no time.