PLEASE READ!!! how do you know what batch your og freak is?

glovinitup

Addicted to Softballfans
I did not know that, thanks for the info... I have 2... the ones i have had in the past have been second batch and hot as fire

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
hey now, no sexual favors from me. mjsgolf pmed rojo and he took care of both of ours ;)

hinzy

}}i{{
Here is your 3rd batch pic you are looking for.....

3rdbatch.jpg

AmazingBats

D Nation
I remember the first batch freak I had was a 28oz smooth endcap not stamped warranty return. It was a sn 314**** but I do not know the manufacture date I never looked at that

PSN15

Addicted to Softballfans
One of the best threads I have see. And i am a noob OG freak owner. It is on the way and cant wait.
Bump for the stickiest of them all!

Athon08

Addicted to Softballfans
here's another question about it...did the 1st batch have rubber plugs or the metal dial like 2nd and 3rds?

sampson

here's another question about it...did the 1st batch have rubber plugs or the metal dial like 2nd and 3rds?

im assuming you are talking about the rod in the handle....since there are very few 26oz first batches and i have never personally owned one, i can only assume that the 26oz first batches had the rubber plugs in the handle since the 26oz 2nd and 3rd batches did. i dont know why they would be any different than the 2nd/3rd batches. i know the 27oz and 28oz freaks (1st, 2nd and 3rd batches) are supposed to have metal rods in the handles. simply put:

26oz - should have rubber plug no matter what batch it is
27oz - should have metal rod no matter what batch it is
28oz - should have metal rod no matter what batch it is

if i am wrong about the plugs on the 26ozers, someone please let me know. i have no experience with them cause i swing 27oz and higher ;)

Trung1130

FREE AGENT FOR LIFE
I have a teammate that has a OG Freak with the serial begginning with #332XXX. The endcap is not the smooth endcap and its a 28 oz bat. He's the original owner of the bat and states its never been altered. Any idea what batch this is?

sampson

I have a teammate that has a OG Freak with the serial begginning with #332XXX. The endcap is not the smooth endcap and its a 28 oz bat. He's the original owner of the bat and states its never been altered. Any idea what batch this is?

whats the full serial? that looks to be right at the transition between the 1st to 2nd batch...i know there are some smooth 332s, but all the 333s i have seen that i can recall have had the miken logo cap. to me, for it to be a first batch, it must have an appropriate s/n and a smooth endcap. the bat your friend has is a 2nd batch.