Po Boy's Saturday, August 28th - Men's Slow Pitch Softball Tourney

BATTITUDE

Extra Hitter
*** Po Boy's Saturday, August 28th - Men's Slow Pitch Softball Tourney **

Battitude is hosting a Slow pitch softball tournament Saturday, August 28th @ Po’ Boys in Urbana (formerly Wendl’s), 1901 S. High Cross Road, Urbana, IL.

3 GAME GUARANTEE BRACKET games starting at 8/9am

ISA Rules will be in effect during this tournament with ISA umpires
1 and 1 count and NO courtesy foul
All ASA, ISA, NSA, and USSSA bats are legal
NO ILLEGAL OR ALTERED BATS ALLOWED
No STEALING

Three homeruns per game after three considered OUT
Teams may purchase two additional homeruns for $10 per game.

12" Softballs will be provided

$150 Entry Fee MUST be PAID in FULL by NO Later then Wednesday, August 25th

Payouts to be deterimed by # of teams that enter. see below.........
8 Teams (17 games)
9 Teams (20 games)
10 Teams (22 games)
1st - $300 2nd - $150

12 Teams (27 games)
1st - $450 2nd - $200

14 Teams (31 games)
1st - $600 2nd - $300

Maximum 16 Teams (35 games)
1st - $750 2nd - $450

Please contact [email protected] or 217-415-5984 for additional information

1. Battitude (PAID)
2. Hillbilly Heartrob's
3. A-Holes
4. Corrupt - (PAID)
5. Firehaus - (PAID)
6. Central Illinois Swarm
7. Hit Streak - (PAID)
8. Off Constently
9. Line Off (PAID)

Last edited:

jhob54

who cares
Wish this was Labor Day weekend. I will be talking to my team see if they want in on the 28th. If it was Labor Day weekend I could almost guarentee we will be there.

jrhenry24

Show!
Is this a charity or benefit tournament? A payout of 30% before the extra $10 a game is the lowest I've ever seen.

bohlmann77

The Veteran
yea, doesnt make a whole lot of sense, after homeruns youll have almost 2000 in pot and your paying out 450???????????????

tdt11

Addicted to Softballfans
bump for more prize money 300 is very low 1st place. Shud atleast triple their buy in for 1st place???? and 2nd place at the minimum should double their money. Without being a charity tourney gonna be tuff to fill all spots with this payout. $5 per homerun is a lil steep on 300ft fences you could get away with this at paxton short porch. Just tryin to give ya a heads up.

Last edited:

jhob54

who cares
Unfortunately there is another person hosting a tournament at Po Boy's on Labor Day Weekend. My team has decided to take Labor Day Weekend off in order to spend with Family and Friends. Hope that maybe you will be able to get your team in this tourney.

Will have everyone there this Saturday and will have an answer for you then.

BATTITUDE

Extra Hitter
TWO spots left willing to make tournament bigger if necessary. This would increase payout!

with 10 teams and a 3 game guarantee that is 22 games the last few games will have 2 umpires and be played on ONE field the rest of the day 3 fields 1 umpire total umpire cost OVER $500.

Yes this will be sanctioned ISA as i'm running this through Rich Kelly.

Last tournament very FEW teams purchased the extra homeruns but its an option available.

Last edited:

BATTITUDE

Extra Hitter
weres the other $1050 going?

with 10 teams and a 3 game guarantee that is 22 games the last few games will have 2 umpires and be played on ONE field the rest of the day 3 fields 1 umpire total umpire cost OVER $500 just for umpires.

Then if the games go into the evening we have to pay for lights.

We also have to supply the umpires with food and beverages for the day.

As anyone probably knows tournaments are NOT cheap and if enough interest/commitment then payouts could be more in future.

Seems like I always have 2 - 4 teams backout on deadline and then have last minute entries to make up for.

Thanks for the sugguestions - so who's the last two spots going to be.

tdt11

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey I'm just sayin you could save alot more money by playing at prarie and making money from your own concessions. 500+ is steep for umps.

jhob54

who cares
Hey I'm just sayin you could save alot more money by playing at prarie and making money from your own concessions. 500+ is steep for umps.

Not really at $20 bucks per game and 22 games that is right on. Payouts for a cash tourney are way low you were right on about triple your money for first and double your money for second.

tdt11

Addicted to Softballfans
*** Po Boy's Saturday, August 28th - Men's Slow Pitch Softball Tourney **

Battitude is hosting a Slow pitch softball tournament Saturday, August 28th @ Po’ Boys in Urbana (formerly Wendl’s), 1901 S. High Cross Road, Urbana, IL.

Looking for 10 teams format will depend on number of teams participating but guaranteed 3 game minimum
ISA Rules will be in effect during this tournament with ISA umpires
1 and 1 count and NO courtesy foul
All ASA, ISA, NSA, and USSSA bats are legal
NO ILLEGAL OR ALTERED BATS ALLOWED
No STEALING

Three homeruns per game after three considered OUT
Teams may purchase two additional homeruns for $10 per game.

12" Softballs will be provided

Limited to first 10 teams PAID $150 Entry Fee
$300 - 1st Place
$150 - 2nd Place

Please contact [email protected] or 217-415-5984 for additional information

1. Battitude - E (PAID)
2. Kritterz - E
3. A-Holes - E
4. Corrupt - E (PAID)
5. Firehaus - E
6. Central Illinois Swarm - E
7. Hit Streak - E (PAID)
8. Off Constently - E
9. Twin City Movers - E

A-holes E are you serious????? Thats prob a B team if you want to be realistic.... Zayer, Ivan,and prob a lot like their tourney team from Gilman last weekend. Which took 2nd. lol that's some serious sandbagging.

sdm24

You stay classy San Diego
A-holes E are you serious????? Thats prob a B team if you want to be realistic.... Zayer, Ivan,and prob a lot like their tourney team from Gilman last weekend. Which took 2nd. lol that's some serious sandbagging.

I doesn't say anywhere that it is only for E teams. So why would they sandbag and say they are an E team?

I_H8_CHEATRBATS

Banned User
rantoul tourney a week ago pays out 750, and this one, with same entry fee and same number of teams pays 300 less??? and money is the same with 8 or 10 teams? so if 10 teams get in, the extra entry fees go into battitude's pockets? Seems like battitude needs to make a few bucks to buy more ridiculously shaved bats to still not win any tournies.

tdt11

Addicted to Softballfans
I doesn't say anywhere that it is only for E teams. So why would they sandbag and say they are an E team?

Nobody says it's an e tourney but why not be open about what players your bringing? No need trying to mislead teams.

tdt11

Addicted to Softballfans
Not really at $20 bucks per game and 22 games that is right on. Payouts for a cash tourney are way low you were right on about triple your money for first and double your money for second.

500+ is a waste of money plus food and drinks? You could do a mat strike zone and have your own players ump. Much cheaper and allows for much better payouts. jmo

Bump for more teams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sdm24

You stay classy San Diego
Nobody says it's an e tourney but why not be open about what players your bringing? No need trying to mislead teams.

I am agreeing with you I guess. I am just wondering why they would be misleading.

gloveman21

Addicted to Softballfans
Do you still need teams, we are suppose to be playing somewhere else that weekend but it sounds like it might get canceled

BATTITUDE

Extra Hitter
Well A-Holes was an E team when they played for the past tournament we hosted Ivan was the only player mentioned on that team before. I'm sorry but I did NOT limit this tournament to just E teams as I wanted a full, fun, tournament, which seemed to go over well last time.

As you see the more teams we get the bigger the prize $ gets also the more games we have to pay for and the lights will probably have to come on (not that I care).

Thanks everyone for the suggestions cut off will be Wednesday, August 25th for any last minute teams entering and I will have schedules for everyone Thursday, August 26th.

BATTITUDE

Extra Hitter
Yes

Yes we will still take teams for this tournament just need to get the informations and entry fee from you as soon as possible.

217-415-5984

Thanks
Do you still need teams, we are suppose to be playing somewhere else that weekend but it sounds like it might get canceled

BATTITUDE

Extra Hitter
First and formost Battiude does NOT use shaved or illegal bats unlike some teams!
Second if you do NOT like the payouts then do NOT play in tournaments that Battitude hosts its simple.
Third if you don't get in the tournament you can't even try and say that you played the teams and had a CHANCE at winning what is offered.

Well done with defending my team and the players because there is no need to defend a team that is just playing for FUN!
No reason to cheat or play dirty when we just play for FUN!

The more teams the more balls that will be used and balls are not cheap!

Battitude is just trying to put on more LOCAL tournaments to get everyone together for a FUN filled day and play some SOFTBALL!

PS Battitude has won MANY tourney's and NOT cheated just ask JHOB.
2 in Paxton and one in Potomac so far and the season is far from OVER!

SD13

I seen a mutant being swung by battitude in the rantoul tourny that was altered because the guys hitting homeruns with it do not generally hit homeruns the way they did that day and I have seen these guys play since and they have not hit anything near the way they did that day but that could be because they were not swinging their illegal bat the last time I seen them play.

BATTITUDE

Extra Hitter
I H8 Cheaterbats I wish I knew what team you played with or who you were. I also wish I knew who from team BATTITUDE you were reffering to and what bat!

SD13 if you are talking about the Rantoul tournament ALOT of the players on team Battitude that weekend were pick up players because another team took a few of our regular players. The current bats that team Battitude has is dem. "The 1" (silver), worth BH Fulk (smurf blue), easton synergy BH (silver n red), miken recoil (orange), worth titan (black), dem. f3 (blue). NONE of these bats have been altered or messed with in ANYWAY most of these bats are freshly out of the wrapper within this season. I mean why would I a "girl" on a men's league need to alter a bat to get a hit? I am a base hitter and most of my team is base hitteres with LUCK every once in a while. There have been players that previously have played with us that myself (coach) and Ast. coaches have found out are using illigeal bats and we call them out and have made them NOT use them. Players that have to use illegal or altered bats are NOT true softball players. Sorry that you feel that team Battitude has cheated in the past but that is NOT the case and we are COMPLETElY out there to have fun and host these tournaments to have fun.

Let me know if we have any other issues other wise lets PLAY BALL!

bzaayer22

Addicted to Softballfans

hahahahahahahahahaahah..... I am not even playing in this tournament!

dtreidjr

SilverBullet01 > Hacker72
Do the payouts however you want to. Most people have NO CLUE how much work goes into putting on a tournament. If people don't like the posted payouts, then they can find something else.

That's one of the issue with softball now. People want to go win big money. Couple years ago, you were lucky if you got your entry back. It was mostly trophy tourneys. Now everyone has to "get paid".

tdt11

Addicted to Softballfans
I H8 Cheaterbats I wish I knew what team you played with or who you were. I also wish I knew who from team BATTITUDE you were reffering to and what bat!

SD13 if you are talking about the Rantoul tournament ALOT of the players on team Battitude that weekend were pick up players because another team took a few of our regular players. The current bats that team Battitude has is dem. "The 1" (silver), worth BH Fulk (smurf blue), easton synergy BH (silver n red), miken recoil (orange), worth titan (black), dem. f3 (blue). NONE of these bats have been altered or messed with in ANYWAY most of these bats are freshly out of the wrapper within this season. I mean why would I a "girl" on a men's league need to alter a bat to get a hit? I am a base hitter and most of my team is base hitteres with LUCK every once in a while. There have been players that previously have played with us that myself (coach) and Ast. coaches have found out are using illigeal bats and we call them out and have made them NOT use them. Players that have to use illegal or altered bats are NOT true softball players. Sorry that you feel that team Battitude has cheated in the past but that is NOT the case and we are COMPLETElY out there to have fun and host these tournaments to have fun.

Let me know if we have any other issues other wise lets PLAY BALL!

It's not even worth arguing about. Just let them talk, I've played against you guys b4 and nothing special about your bats. Several base hitters. See you all saturday.