Price check Bryant Signed Glove

What do one of those run for? The one he signed comes with authentication was offered one in trade

Attachments

• 1F226E98-D33E-4C79-86A7-0D278E02ED79.jpeg
    1F226E98-D33E-4C79-86A7-0D278E02ED79.jpeg
    37.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

NYC

Swag on 100.
The value of the glove by itself plus the value of what his signature is going for, my guess is the glove is $400 and the sig is $100 so $500 total.

Wow that’s surprising, I have a new with tags OG Bryant that I was offered $550 for it and that’s just the original release the one with the finger pad.

The value of the glove by itself plus the value of what his signature is going for, my guess is the glove is $400 and the sig is $100 so $500 total.

NYC

Swag on 100.
Wow that’s surprising, I have a new with tags OG Bryant that I was offered $550 for it and that’s just the original release the one with the finger pad.

I couldnt tell which bryant it was by those pics, I assumed it was the retail version. $550 is pretty high IMO, Ive seen them go for $450. That's a good offer.

moren025

Addicted to Softballfans
There out there for $1250 obo. What I think they are worth:
custom PP $450
signature $100
COA $50
Insured shipping $50
= $650
Vendor making 20% so add $130

If I was a hard core Bryant fan, that would be my max.

BTW sold one of my RGGC for a little less than $500 shipped.

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
This is a totally different realm.
1st and foremost, is there a COA/LOA??
There SHOULD be if it was a steiner signing.
The COA/LOA ('PAPERS') isnt really WORTH anything in an of itself, it just helps tremendously upon resale... the difference between what you WANT to get and what you WILL get if that makes sense.
As has been tradition since the old days, these were made specifically by Rawlings for Steiner for the signing.
The old Ripken 6HF were a scoreboard financed venture (although imo were just existing stock signed by Cal)
Upper Deck did this later with Cal, Jr, Arod, and Gywnn
The AROD I had didnt have any thumb supports and appeared to be a glove made for signing.
As of late, Steiner has been doing this.
I own a McGwire and its the qlty of a custom/pro dept. It was made specially for the signing and was done a few years after the colorway of the cmhcb2 had stopped being made at retail...so its not just left overs kicking around.
There have been COUNTLESS others. Sometimes they end up with the Bull gamer gloves for example while other times the actually place an order for xx amount of gloves with the signers name.
It also seems over the years they stopped Bob's brilliant idea (IMO) of putting dots after the name so it cant later be passed off as game used.
This will never make sense $$ wise if you look at it in the context of a glove.
At this point its simply a piece of autographed memorabilia and should be compared to something like a full size helmet for example.
Helmet collectors will obviously be into is it authentic or a replica, but no one else would notice and would just think of it as an autographed helmet.
As far as its worth? gotta check the bay. People can ask what they want, but something is only worth what someone will pay.
Also, are these still available for sale via the original outlet?
At least a glove collector will like the glove regardless of what happens to Bryants career (NOT LOOKING FOR THE JUDGE DEBATE pt2) but if he gets injured or flames out it could someday be worth less than a PP sitting on the shelf at retail.
It just all depends....but looking at it from a glove POV prob wont ever make sense when trying to determine the value.

NYC

Swag on 100.
The COA/LOA ('PAPERS') isnt really WORTH anything in an of itself, it just helps tremendously upon resale... the difference between what you WANT to get and what you WILL get if that makes sense.
As has been tradition since the old days, these were made specifically by Rawlings for Steiner for the signing.
The old Ripken 6HF were a scoreboard financed venture (although imo were just existing stock signed by Cal)
The AROD I had didnt have any thumb supports and appeared to be a glove made for signing.
I own a McGwire and its the qlty of a custom/pro dept. It was made specially for the signing and was done a few years after the colorway of the cmhcb2 had stopped being made at retail...so its not just left overs kicking around.
There have been COUNTLESS others. Sometimes they end up with the Bull gamer gloves for example while other times the actually place an order for xx amount of gloves with the signers name.
It also seems over the years they stopped Bob's brilliant idea (IMO) of putting dots after the name so it cant later be passed off as game used.
At this point its simply a piece of autographed memorabilia and should be compared to something like a full size helmet for example.
Helmet collectors will obviously be into is it authentic or a replica, but no one else would notice and would just think of it as an autographed helmet.
As far as its worth? gotta check the bay. People can ask what they want, but something is only worth what someone will pay.
At least a glove collector will like the glove regardless of what happens to Bryants career (NOT LOOKING FOR THE JUDGE DEBATE pt2) but if he gets injured or flames out it could someday be worth less than a PP sitting on the shelf at retail.
It just all depends....but looking at it from a glove POV prob wont ever make sense when trying to determine the value.

So those arod gloves aren't gameable? I always wondered the story behind those, they are always up for sale.

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
So those arod gloves aren't gameable? I always wondered the story behind those, they are always up for sale.
It's the only UD glove I've ever had in hand, but I'd be surprised if there were even inserts in there. I didn't open it so I'm not going to sit here acting like I know, but it was much diff than any other 6hf I've had.

As far as the Bryant, I didn't mean to come off like x=x and that's how it is... But rather just provide some context in that we as glove guys rationalize it different...so our precived value could be different from others as it's a piece that is a collectible/piece of memorbilia 1st and a glove 2nd...which is why I used the helmet analogy.

Yes it comes with a serial number which is registered with MLB to prove it’s authenticity. This is what it says

“To ensure authenticity, the hologram can be reviewed online. This process helps to ensure that the product purchased is authentic and eliminates any possibility of duplication or fraud.”

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
This way of thinking makes sense I suppose, but it'll get you in trouble.
For example, we have a TON of former Bills players auto'd footballs that we cant sell for even $30.
The 'The Duke' footballs retail for an MSRP of at least $100....and worst case lets say the payers signature is worth at least $5.
That means at least, we should be getting $105 for these all day long.
Just not the case. We cant get $30
I enjoy it bc every time I need a football for our leage i just grab a couple of those. I used to wipe the sig off, but now I dont even bother lol.
Same with bats. You guys might be familiar bc/of the sport - but if we have some scrub on a $150 Marucci bat, we cant get the msrp plus auto but rather what ever ebay says an auto bat goes for.

NYC

Swag on 100.
This way of thinking makes sense I suppose, but it'll get you in trouble.
For example, we have a TON of former Bills players auto'd footballs that we cant sell for even $30.
The 'The Duke' footballs retail for an MSRP of at least $100....and worst case lets say the payers signature is worth at least $5.
That means at least, we should be getting $105 for these all day long.
Just not the case. We cant get $30
I enjoy it bc every time I need a football for our leage i just grab a couple of those. I used to wipe the sig off, but now I dont even bother lol.
Same with bats. You guys might be familiar bc/of the sport - but if we have some scrub on a $150 Marucci bat, we cant get the msrp plus auto but rather what ever ebay says an auto bat goes for.
Interesting...the lowest I can find them for is $75

moren025

Addicted to Softballfans
Hope those aren't the "Professional Cuts" because those things are junk! Unless it was custom made for me or my son, could never justify spending over $80 for a woodie. And even then my max was $100 ($110 Delivered).

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
im not sure what exactly you mean as i was just using a generic example.
A little more specific is when we have a baseball guy in for a personal signing we generally just order xxx amount from rawlings with his team color ring. I've taken BP with a couple of the rejects and they are balanced ok - but its just a bat made for signing.
When we go through another company, sometimes we get bats that have the signers name on it. Might be a little better qlty, but was still prob mass ordered for signing.
Then we have things we find in the warehouse from time to time.... last one i came across was a todd fraizer GU bat but the atuo was all smudged. MAYBE it could go on ebay as a GU bat - but we cant put it in the store and sell it as a autod gamer bc the sig is messed up. We'll get pro issued bats in deals that are legit 'game issued' that have smudged autos or some issue cosmetically with the auto.
We would NEVER be able to get the MSRP of the bat in a retail setting. It just goes off to scratch and dent and sells for 1/4 of the price the bat would if it was unsigned and for sale at the correct MSRP for the bat.
Football was the best example though. A brand new $100 official ball wont sell for 1/4 of the price just bc some scrub/former player signed it.
Some people are savvy enough to find a deal if they dont care about the scribble and use it for a football - but most dont even realize its a $100 ball bc they dont view it as such