Price Check: NWT A2000 EL3 OT

Sbsb10

Hey everyone,
Newer to SBF. Never sold anything here, have bought once, and mostly come to check out what's for sale. But, today I need your help.

I'm wondering what my OT EL3 is worth. NWT and keychain. Hasn't seen any use (conditioner/couch catch, etc.). Thanks!!
[GALLERY=media, 26983]IMG_1677 by Sbsb10 posted Feb 24, 2017 at 3:07 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 26982]IMG_1675 by Sbsb10 posted Feb 24, 2017 at 3:07 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 26981]IMG_1670 by Sbsb10 posted Feb 24, 2017 at 3:07 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 26980]IMG_1666 by Sbsb10 posted Feb 24, 2017 at 3:07 PM[/GALLERY]

Jen_16

Coach
Are u sure? How did I miss this?

Yes, 100% sure. Had a few friends asking me to let them know when I saw them go back on sale so I sent the link to them in IG. It'll be back again so soon. Longo is under contract and doesn't use a new colorway every season so Wilson keeps going back to them. If demand was higher than supply they wouldn't sell under retail on the website.

DatDuke

Well used EL3s have been seen on Bay for $80 ish. (just got one from my son, also bought one for $75). So a NWT should bring you $199 ish if Wilson do not offer them via retail. If they do, $160 ish.

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
Well used EL3s have been seen on Bay for $80 ish. (just got one from my son, also bought one for $75). So a NWT should bring you $199 ish if Wilson do not offer them via retail. If they do, $160 ish.
Used and new is always a tough comparison though.
When searching 'Wilson EL3', the cheapest one that wasnt totally caked ended for a BO of $100.
There were a few that looked to be worse condition (but still OK) that ended around $100-$130
Anything worth while/closer to new rather than used still falls over $130
There were a few trashers that were less than $100 as well ( I didnt see yours if they ended for $75 and $80)
Of course, there will always be anomalies where people just list for a BIN thats under mktvlue.
However IMO, taking a used gloves worth into account thats caked when trying to find the value of a new glove is worthless/pointless.... ESPECIALLY when we arent talking about a pattern thats particularly rare or anything.
You could argue something like a USA SPT is worth $200 caked if a minty one is $500 bc of what it is.
But with a current retail glove thats still being released (albeit IMO one of the nicest looking wilsons going) I'd think its pretty cut and dry.
The biggest revelation in this thread to me is that this classic is still being released at retail.
Its an absolute modern classic that people seem to really like.
Good to know theres not a need to overpay msrp.
Simply, if this is new- then its worth retail/msrp
If its not, then whatever a buyer feels a mildly used EL3 is worth... obviously there is depreciation to a degree.
With all due respect, I dont see how a caked/well worn/trashed ebay auction ending at $50 comes into play when determining a value/worth.
I just think its the same as any other retail wilson that almost new w/o taggs:)

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
sounds like you missed out on some $$$ bummer
im SSOO confused....
how did he miss out on $$ if Jenn is essentially saying they get rereleased so the value is essentially $250 msrp?
In fairness, I for one didnt know these got rereleased at times. If someone is paying $300, it stands to reason neither did that person.
So, wouldnt it be fair to say he actually did better than he was advised rather than he lost a chance to make a few?
He came out $50 higher (for the sake of conversation not taking fees into account) than what a NWT mint A2000 would retail for- with this being slightly used and not considered NWT

NYC

Swag on 100.
Yes, 100% sure. Had a few friends asking me to let them know when I saw them go back on sale so I sent the link to them in IG. It'll be back again so soon. Longo is under contract and doesn't use a new colorway every season so Wilson keeps going back to them. If demand was higher than supply they wouldn't sell under retail on the website.

I saw the camel and blue version, but not the tan for years.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
im SSOO confused....
how did he miss out on $$ if Jenn is essentially saying they get rereleased so the value is essentially $250 msrp?
In fairness, I for one didnt know these got rereleased at times. If someone is paying $300, it stands to reason neither did that person.
So, wouldnt it be fair to say he actually did better than he was advised rather than he lost a chance to make a few?
He came out $50 higher (for the sake of conversation not taking fees into account) than what a NWT mint A2000 would retail for- with this being slightly used and not considered NWT
I'm saying he missed out because it sold BIN $300 very very quickly, could have potentially sold it for $350 at the same price. That's what I was saying

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
I'm saying he missed out because it sold BIN $300 very very quickly, could have potentially sold it for $350 at the same price. That's what I was saying
ya... i didnt even think abt that bc i think he got lucky in finding someone whod pay 300.... no way it was going for 350... not that rare or htf

DatDuke

Used and new is always a tough comparison though.
When searching 'Wilson EL3', the cheapest one that wasnt totally caked ended for a BO of $100.
There were a few that looked to be worse condition (but still OK) that ended around $100-$130
Anything worth while/closer to new rather than used still falls over $130
There were a few trashers that were less than $100 as well ( I didnt see yours if they ended for $75 and $80)
Of course, there will always be anomalies where people just list for a BIN thats under mktvlue.
However IMO, taking a used gloves worth into account thats caked when trying to find the value of a new glove is worthless/pointless.... ESPECIALLY when we arent talking about a pattern thats particularly rare or anything.
You could argue something like a USA SPT is worth $200 caked if a minty one is $500 bc of what it is.
But with a current retail glove thats still being released (albeit IMO one of the nicest looking wilsons going) I'd think its pretty cut and dry.
The biggest revelation in this thread to me is that this classic is still being released at retail.
Its an absolute modern classic that people seem to really like.
Good to know theres not a need to overpay msrp.
Simply, if this is new- then its worth retail/msrp
If its not, then whatever a buyer feels a mildly used EL3 is worth... obviously there is depreciation to a degree.
With all due respect, I dont see how a caked/well worn/trashed ebay auction ending at $50 comes into play when determining a value/worth.
I just think its the same as any other retail wilson that almost new w/o taggs:)

BIgMac:

The reason I gave him a comparison with used prices is because thats the only experience I have dealing with a EL3. I dont even know if they are retailing them again or not (and what color they will be offering), if they are, people can just order a brand new one from Wilson, so you can't really sell it at Retail now, you have to give some discount. I am just giving the OP the current going rate for a used EL3 on Ebay, just go gauge the current market demand. If a used one are sold for $6,0000 you are not going to sell your new one for $300. You get my point?
Granted thats something someone can easily done, I was just saving the OP some time as I have experience with used EL3s. I did however didnt mention that my EL3s are black with light blue logo, and my son's gifted EL3 is a super skin. So I doubt what I paid for mine has very little to do with what the OP was selling. That I agree.

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
Why even PC it here if you are going to list on ebay?
I agree.... but i think when you have an influx of people its not as clear any longer that tradition lends itself to a PC followed by a FS thread.
From someone not well versed, a PC cld simply be a wink wink invite DM, or (as weve seen a lot of lately) a gauge of pricing for reference specifically for a ebay listing.
If he really didnt know what was up, then a random $300 price served him well on the bay as with all due respect to matty - anytime you can get someover to overpay $50 over retail for a glove that ISNT nwt or minty I'd take the $$ and run.
IMO, its good it happened there bc had it have been listed for $300 here..... oh man... pitchforks!! :)

DatDuke

I am surprise that glove sold for that much. Guess I was way off on my estimate. as I dont think EL3 are that rare, (may be for that color).. Good for you OP.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
I agree.... but i think when you have an influx of people its not as clear any longer that tradition lends itself to a PC followed by a FS thread.
From someone not well versed, a PC cld simply be a wink wink invite DM, or (as weve seen a lot of lately) a gauge of pricing for reference specifically for a ebay listing.
If he really didnt know what was up, then a random $300 price served him well on the bay as with all due respect to matty - anytime you can get someover to overpay $50 over retail for a glove that ISNT nwt or minty I'd take the $$ and run.
IMO, its good it happened there bc had it have been listed for $300 here..... oh man... pitchforks!! :)

Agreed. I find that with sites like this and others, more and more people are forgetting the spirit of passing along a deal to a fellow board member, and just trying to get max profit.

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
BIgMac:

The reason I gave him a comparison with used prices is because thats the only experience I have dealing with a EL3. I dont even know if they are retailing them again or not (and what color they will be offering), if they are, people can just order a brand new one from Wilson, so you can't really sell it at Retail now, you have to give some discount. I am just giving the OP the current going rate for a used EL3 on Ebay, just go gauge the current market demand. If a used one are sold for $6,0000 you are not going to sell your new one for $300. You get my point?
Granted thats something someone can easily done, I was just saving the OP some time as I have experience with used EL3s. I did however didnt mention that my EL3s are black with light blue logo, and my son's gifted EL3 is a super skin. So I doubt what I paid for mine has very little to do with what the OP was selling. That I agree.
I wasnt calling you out or anything, and you didnt need to justify yourself.... I was just simply stating in general, any glove that is going for under $100 is probably on the back 9 of its life so its almost impossible to compare let alone gauge a price comparatively.
IMO, this time of the year its a but of a crap shoot anyway.
I'm very interested to see what the spring/summer hold for glove prices.
Things got low priced last winter, but this yr it seems different- and maybe even lower.
Heck, even gloves that would be sniped (non grail/non slcs) on ebayt in the 1st 5 min last S/S are now just sitting unbought.
I hope it picks up again, but if not MAYBE this is the beginning of the end of the fad aspect of glove collecting...
We've spoke about it before but it happens with hobbies after the company realizes theres a 2ndry mkt, makes a ton, and wants to cash in.
I wonder if to a degree if (for example) Rawlings making TT2 a custom option as well as all the other specs like labels, mesh etc has kind of killed it. Now, anyone can come pretty darn close to gloves 2 yrs ago we were drooling over bc they were 'special'. Fad aside, it certianly does kinda dampen anyones collection of modern stuff b/c very little is now rare.
Off topic, but im interested to see where this leads....

eviladams

All hail Megatron.....
THE worst part about IG. I get the feeling most of these glove accounts are 12 year old kids. Like @#$%& grow up.

Anytime I ask a price and they say "Im open to offers", the deal essentially dies before we even get started. I will make no offers. If you have a price, say it. We'll go from there.