Pro Flare Cream Series

edvedsfb

Addicted to Softballfans
I've never handled this particular model but I've yet to find a proflare I don't like. I've had the C55 series and the softball specific mocha series and both are good/great gloves for the price. I imagine this cream series would be a decent glove as well.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Louisville Pro Flare gloves are as well made as HOH or A2000. If you like the leather, it'll be a keeper.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Louisville Pro Flare gloves are as well made as HOH or A2000. If you like the leather, it'll be a keeper.

Thanks! Just good old US Steerhide I assume? I've been spoiled by Horween Glove Leather and Rawlings Japan Tan as of late.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I have not picked up too many Pro Flares where I did not like the leather. Some of the oil tanned ones are heavy, but if you are at the store, you can judge that for yourself. For a backup glove, you actually don't want something so stiff it takes 5 years to break in!

Phantomblack

Addicted to Softballfans
I've handled a few and the camel leather on LS gloves is too soft for my taste. As mentioned before, the liner is very soft and they use an excessive amount of fur on the wrist.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Beautiful. So how does the shell and lining leather feel to you?

The glove overall is pretty stiff right now, on par with a new HOH or A2000 for stiffness, I won't be able to close it until I give it a good beating. The leather isn't going to be as much of a pain as say, Rawlings J Black leather to break in, I have a love/hate relationship with those. :)

The lining is softer than what is on my C55, but I take good care of all of my gloves, so I hope that the handstall hold up just fine. The shell leather doesn't feel overly oiled.

I've come to the conclusion that after years of searching, these Baseball Pro Flares fit my hand the best. Nice and tight, which I love. The only other 2 gloves that came close were the PRO302CVDM (which is why I bought a custom 302) and my original Vinci BMB-OB when they first started making the OB model.

Last edited:

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
The glove overall is pretty stiff right now, on par with a new HOH or A2000 for stiffness, I won't be able to close it until I give it a good beating. The leather isn't going to be as much of a pain as say, Rawlings J Black leather to break in, I have a love/hate relationship with those. :)

The lining is softer than what is on my C55, but I take good care of all of my gloves, so I hope that the handstall hold up just fine. The shell leather doesn't feel overly oiled.

I've come to the conclusion that after years of searching, these Baseball Pro Flares fit my hand the best. Nice and tight, which I love. The only other 2 gloves that came close were the PRO302CVDM (which is why I bought a custom 302) and my original Vinci BMB-OB when they first started making the OB model.

Did the custom 302 fit like the CVDM? I feel the same way about the CVDM, and was thinking about a custom.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Did the custom 302 fit like the CVDM? I feel the same way about the CVDM, and was thinking about a custom.

I feel like the custom is actually a little tighter than the CVDM was. It's really tight. I could barely do TIP in the custom. Also, the custom feels longer than any of the CVDM's I owned, I don't have a CVDM right now to do an actual side by side, but...

NYC

Swag on 100.
DeMarini was always Wilson....
Makes me wonder why not just discontinue LS and Demarini and throw all your resources into just Wilson. Why not just compete with Rawlings, Mizuno, Nike, instead of competing with yourself.

DatDuke

DeMarini was always Wilson....

That is news to me thanks for correcting. Now I wonder why DeMarini make gloves to compete with themselves (Wilson). Then I remember Rawlings (Worth) <== Are they still related??. Or Honda (Acura), Or Toyota (Scion). Or the complete GM line for that matter.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
brand recognition. you don't (usually) just write off a brand when you acquire it. i've met several people that love their demarini gloves. a lot of times it's all they know so it's all they want in the future.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Plus, Wilson is really the baseball brand (along with tennis, football, basketball) and DeMarini is the softball brand.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
That is news to me thanks for correcting. Now I wonder why DeMarini make gloves to compete with themselves (Wilson). Then I remember Rawlings (Worth) <== Are they still related??. Or Honda (Acura), Or Toyota (Scion). Or the complete GM line for that matter.

LOL I never fully understood why GM killed off Pontiac, yet kept GMC. Every GMC has a sister Chevrolet model. At least Pontiac had a bit of unique product.

And yes, Rawlings Worth and Miken are the same company.

DatDuke

The brand recognition is best applying to GM's Buick division. GM should have Kill it off long ago along with OLDSMOBILE. I love how DeMarini markets their Bats, But Gloves.. not so much. They should have kept the DeMarini as Wilson's exclusive Bats Division. As Worth being Rawlings' Softball division by killing off their RANGER series.