Pro flare web swap (first timer)

newram05

Addicted to Softballfans
I got this flare with a trap and wanted something different because I play infield. A mod trap is what I went with. I re used my laces from the trap just to make sure I could so this before I buy new lace.
All in all it wasn't too bad, but I missed a few holes. ??
Other than that it turned out ok and I'm gonna use it in a tourney tomorrow.

Just Ron

Addicted to Softballfans
Nice, that's exactly how I relaced my FL1300. The mod trap made a big difference IMHO.

newram05

Addicted to Softballfans
Looks like you don't have any lace running through the tunnel on top?

So a full run of the tunnel then Come back through with loops? Seems like there is another tunnel on the bottom of the where the two holes are that I missed .

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
yweblacingdiagram.gif

This diagram is from a user at GWF and may help.

newram05

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^ for sure! Thanks a lot! As much as I've been reading about this I'm surprised I haven't seen this...

newram05

Addicted to Softballfans
Ok, i'm going to try and bring this back to life... I've use this glove all summer and now starting fall ball with it... Love this gove. I'm ready to try and do a relace with good leather lace.

What color lace do you all think would look good on this glove? Any current pics out there of this golve?

Rous, hopefully you can chime in... How much lace to order to do a relace...(length and sizes?)

Thanks

txbullets

The OG JayZ
yweblacingdiagram.gif

This diagram is from a user at GWF and may help.

Actually no need to take it apart and do it like that. Just start at the hole on the bottom of the top bar then go throughout the top bar and back to the other open hole and tie it off. The reason you need this is to support the top better. There should be lace on both sides of the finger and thumb going into the top bar. It is hard to explain.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I like to have one lace connect just the top bar coming out and knotting on the back of the web (your two empty holes). THen I have the web lace come in from the top thumb lace hole and the lower hole on the far side of the index finger. Finally, I do the fingers and web spiral with one piece (as on a standard H-web, I-web, basket web, etc.).

The knot you see near the top of the index finger is the beginning of the web lace.

But when Davis does is similar, it just separates the finger lace and the spiral lace.

Either way, make sure you do the top bar tunnel lace before the web lace.

Davis method, four 48" pieces of 1/4" lace and I think you may need three 72" pieces of 3/16" lace (because of the mid-finger lace).
My method, two 48" pieces of 1/4" lace and one 72" piece of 1/4" lace and three 3/16" laces.