Probably a dumb question

tony3425

Addicted to Softballfans
With USSA going to the new standards as of this year, why do I see people still purchasing bats with the old stamp(Stadium 1, J2U, etc). Thanks for any help in advance.

frigginnuttz

Rally Killer
Cause you can still use em in different sanctions like wsl gsl & so on... I'm sure not all utrip leagues will be forcing the new rules already either it's up to the LD's

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
Couple reasons.
1. They are super cheap.
2. Some people play other associations that allow the old stamped bats like NSA.
3. Some people play in leagues that haven't moved to the new stamp yet.
4. No stamp is required for a BP bat
5. Some people have receipts and plan to return the old stamped bats for new ones.

Chimpy

Star Player
My question is, and pardon me if this was answered somewhere else and I'm sure it was but I dn't read every thread - but why are they doing this new stamp thing? Just to get more bats sold. One of the leagues I'm considering playing in this spring only allws the new usssa stamp so it means everyone must be forking out tons of money for bats.

pbsoftball

Manager
My question is, and pardon me if this was answered somewhere else and I'm sure it was but I dn't read every thread - but why are they doing this new stamp thing? Just to get more bats sold. One of the leagues I'm considering playing in this spring only allws the new usssa stamp so it means everyone must be forking out tons of money for bats.

tons of money, you aren't looking very hard new stamp bats can be had for cheap

gregthekegg

Manager
Sv100, scn17bh, scn19, scn20, amongst others that can can be had on the cheap. (Scn17bh is by far my favorite, as long as you don't mind the break in period)

Qoheleth52

Addicted to Softballfans

Hey brother, it's simple--don't play that league. Tell them where they can stick their bat.

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
We play an association called Softball Nation which as of now has no plan to go to the new stamp. Also, ASA in our area is still using the 44 375 so the hot old stamp bats are still g2g