pumped that I snagged this classic demarini...

Rega17

'MERICA
Being the demarini guy that I am it's exciting for the collecting aspect of it.

00p0p_dfFz0sjNTfO_600x450_zpsgq4foyfn.jpeg

00o0o_hJ9jugSxHnL_600x450_zpsgbpay4dt.jpeg

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
That's a '97, pre-Wilson double wall. It was the bat I believe really changed the sport, first widely recognized/distributed super bat if you will. Led to all the silliness of the last 15ish years with association stamps, ABI testing, and ball changes.

d-wreck7

Addicted to Softballfans
That's a '97, pre-Wilson double wall. It was the bat I believe really changed the sport, first widely recognized/distributed super bat if you will. Led to all the silliness of the last 15ish years with association stamps, ABI testing, and ball changes.

These things are fun to swing for damn sure.

Rega17

'MERICA
I'm actually picking it up today. Jumped the gun on the announcement part haha. He claims it's like brand new and 26oz. Even if I don't swing it much it's a very cool piece to preserve. I'll update with more info and pics after picking it up.

slugger0250

starting player
great bat I have a 96 and a 97 both beat to all heck but still hit the ball well when I pull them out once in a while

joonyah9

Addicted to Softballfans
I can just see the conversation now:
J3a: "what's up grandpa?"
DWD: "son....you need to start respecting yer damn elders...boy!!!!"

Beautiful bat. A time when real players played!!!

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I was 18, wanted one really bad but they were expensive and had a bad reputation for dying quick so my money went to booze and chicks.

I was 17 and not even playing softball! However, I was playing plenty of booze and chicks. Good days for sure. This is a metal bat correct?

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
i was 18 and selling these on commission for 300 a pop...awesome days

i have a 28oz fat boy with 2 small dents...sick bat

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
chicks sporting goods in socal...299.99. eastons and LS quickly came with their own stuff at high prices
best part was, returns were still thru the store, guys would come in with a dented bat, i take it back to return it, they walked with a new one that was "purchased" with store credit
great days

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
299.99 doesn't surprise me from big chain stores haha.. just stop in at one and they have last years cl, 2.1 still marked at msrp... i do recall back then taking them to the retailer for returns it was a little mom,pops store here.

aicjarofflies

Addicted to Softballfans
Return policies changed around 1998-1999. I remember as I was working at Sportmart at the time. Bought a 1998 at 225 after my discount. The bat dented and I had to send it back to Demarini for replacement. They sent me a 1999 as my replacement. Was not happy with that so I exchanged the stamped 99 for the last 98 on the shelf. Haha. Still have it to this day.

bdub69

Is a bat P-I-M-P!
Brings a tear to my eye! I wish I had bought one when they first came out. I ended up buying the Double Wall Distance 2X the following year!
I still have it too.

GREAT pick up!

Hang it on the wall and leave it there!!!!

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
I would probably still have mine if i didn't let everyone use it.. the 2x was almost as good imo... pretty sure that was the last pre wilson ddw.