Question about stats and mercy's

MrCharcoal

True Beaut
I play on a D/E level mens team. We keep stats simply for the ability to rip on each other. They aren't legit, but we take it serious amongst ourselves

My question is relative to inning mercys. Our league has a 7 run mercy.

run #6 is on 3
run #7 is on 2

My hit COULD have netted me a triple but i slow jog it to 1 as the mercy run scores.

Im not much for home runs so % and EBs is all I have....

Does it count as a single because I only made 1,
If it was blatantly obvious I could turn a triple, should it be scored as such?

grubd

Banned User
No it's a single you stopped at first. Robin Ventura hit a walk off in play offs for Mets and was swoop d up by teammates for a single before he could touch home for home run.

MrCharcoal

True Beaut
Just to clarify...So the umpire calls mercy effectively ending the inning, both teams leave the field but if I want a 3b I have to keep running?

grubd

Banned User
Just to clarify...So the umpire calls mercy effectively ending the inning, both teams leave the field but if I want a 3b I have to keep running?

No man you are cracking me up. Is this a serious post? I could see some league hero running the bases after the game like a 5 year old to get his extra base hit. You better delete this before more people see it in the morning.

MrCharcoal

True Beaut
That was absolutely a serious question! Jsam said I could turn it into a triple on the field!!
Im going to run it out every time!

Unless there's something wrong with that ;-)

Last edited:

MrCharcoal

True Beaut
I would also like to mention, with 10 posts, dolbyson you haven't earned the right to comment in my threads!

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
Foul Ball!!!!

on the 2nd homerun ****! you need to come play with PRIMETIME!!
tumblr_m69bpowAm01qgw79jo1_500.gif