Question about the Nighthawk

I've been fairly vocal on this board about my initial displeasure with the Nighthawk. (quick recap - I purchased a 27 oz balanced NH at the start of the spring season. It was cracked after 20 swings and split in half after 50.)

I recently got the itch to give it another shot. I just purchased a ASA 28 oz Robo Loaded. Arrived in the mail today, have yet to swing it.

Here is my question - can someone please tell me what material is used to make the piece of the bat that connect the handle to to two piece barrel? I'm referring to the white part with league stamps. It feels and sounds like hollow plastic. Almost like a PVC pipe. This can't be accurate. Someone please explain this to me.

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
Guessing black onyx carbon since that is the only material listed. Prob just used different layering process then the barrel or dif resin or something. But if you got a duel stamp you may have the same issue as they have had durability issues. Not sure if it's a batch thing, if it's more made for the 52s, or if it has been corrected. There hasn't been a lot of feedback on the duel stamps except from those having issues.

THESHOE

Starting Player
It's composite.

Game one long enough to gouge into the paint a little and you will clearly see it's composite.

Can't speak for the duals, cause I'd never swing one as I find them all to be slouchy turds. I swing Utrip mostly, but if I have to game an ASA I go out and find an ASA. I just find the deal with dual is usually to trim away performance to pass for both. My opinion.

But the Utrip is a great durable bat that can hit most balls. I switch to Easton with 47/500 though. Ball feels too hard on the softer barrel with 47's, just doesn't feel right so I swing my L1 then.

Hopefully they figure out the ASA/Dually thing so it can be up there with the Utrips.

I've been fairly vocal on this board about my initial displeasure with the Nighthawk. (quick recap - I purchased a 27 oz balanced NH at the start of the spring season. It was cracked after 20 swings and split in half after 50.)

I recently got the itch to give it another shot. I just purchased a ASA 28 oz Robo Loaded. Arrived in the mail today, have yet to swing it.

Here is my question - can someone please tell me what material is used to make the piece of the bat that connect the handle to to two piece barrel? I'm referring to the white part with league stamps. It feels and sounds like hollow plastic. Almost like a PVC pipe. This can't be accurate. Someone please explain this to me.

Last edited:
Sooo .. my duel stamp robo load has crack with fewer then 50 swings.

Recap:
My duel stamp balanced cracked at 20 swings
My duel stamp robo load cracked fewer then 50 swings

I love Mizuno gear. shoes, cleats, gloves, golf clubs - but I will never own another NH, or Mizuno bat for that matter. Total junk.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
It's only the dual-stamp models, the USSSA ones seem to be able to take a beating.