Question for Bobby Buggs

Joker

if only there was a way to send a private message to just one person

queue buggs posting something about having me on his ignore list

KraigP26

Addicted to Softballfans
if only there was a way to send a private message to just one person

queue buggs posting something about having me on his ignore list

briney has only been a member for 10 years, guess he is slow to learn the ways of the SBF

briney11

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey, I just thought that it might be something that others would like to know the answer to as well.

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
What are you, a drug dealer? Who measures weight in grams? 12" Classic M's weigh 6.3 oz on my scale. Evil BP's (the old ones) average 6.4 but they're a few years old.

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
They weigh between 6.5 oz for ASA softballs to 7 oz for the Evils. ASa softballs weigh a little more than Utrip softballs. As posted above the Classic M's weight 6.3 oz.

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
They weigh between 6.5-.6 oz for ASA softballs to 7 oz for the Evils. ASa softballs weigh a little more than Utrip softballs. As posted above the Classic M's weight 6.3 oz.

The extra weight of the Evils is one reason they won't toss as good as other balls in my WD

Playr4

Coach
Comparison to a 12 inch softball and a Total control ball.

The “12-inch” ball measures between 11.88 and 12.13 inches in circumference and weighs between 6.25 and 7 ounces (177.2 and 198.4 grams).

Total control ball 74: 425 grams (15 ounces) and measuring 2.9 inches in diameter. This model is baseball sized, 7.4 inches.

Total control ball 82: 425 grams (15 ounces) and measuring 3.2 inches in diameter. This model is the original 8.2 inches.

Total control ball 120: 900 grams (32 ounces) and measuring 4.70 inches in diameter. This ball is 16 inches.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per Tattooball
"ASA balls are made 6.75 to 7 oz. All other balls are 6.5 +or-. That is the spec so that's what we make".

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
the **** does that have to do with anything?

The bolded part is what TCB says softballs weigh for comparison to their products. I assume they're also including 12" fastpitch balls to get down to 6.25, but am just assuming.

KraigP26

Addicted to Softballfans
The bolded part is what TCB says softballs weigh for comparison to their products. I assume they're also including 12" fastpitch balls to get down to 6.25, but am just assuming.

you are correct in your assumption, although Joker was asking why would he post that when no one asked about a total control ball...but in his own way of questioning:biggthumpup:

zuke 37

Star Player
I don't know. How's that for an answer for all of these guys who know everything, and all of their answers are different.

Balls today are made of plastic, therefore the weight can be made closer to specs.

Back in the days of wooden bats and iron men ball were cork center and twine. It was harder to control the weight between balls.

In 1967 ball weight was 6.0 min to 6 3/4 max. In 1968 the weight was moved up to 7 1/4 min to 7 3/4 max.

Since then came the poly balls and the metal & com bats and I really ever herd of any "Stop the presses" anouncements about ball weight.

It was big news then because it took 15 to 30 feet off of a long hit.

KraigP26

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't know. How's that for an answer for all of these guys who know everything, and all of their answers are different.

Balls today are made of plastic, therefore the weight can be made closer to specs.

Back in the days of wooden bats and iron men ball were cork center and twine. It was harder to control the weight between balls.

In 1967 ball weight was 6.0 min to 6 3/4 max. In 1968 the weight was moved up to 7 1/4 min to 7 3/4 max.

Since then came the poly balls and the metal & com bats and I really ever herd of any "Stop the presses" anouncements about ball weight.

It was big news then because it took 15 to 30 feet off of a long hit.

Well if you have been playing since 1967 maybe you should stop.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
I barely remember my early playing days now let alone 20 years from now.