question , Sonic+ or Z1000 JeffHall ???

bird25

34/30 Club #25
What s the difference between the Sonic and the Z1000 Jeff Hall ??

Different composite and the Hall is a 2 piece

Hall is hotter quicker and has a less harsh feel. Sonic takes a while to get going but is great once fully broken in

Laplante

Different composite and the Hall is a 2 piece

Hall is hotter quicker and has a less harsh feel. Sonic takes a while to get going but is great once fully broken in
its because I already have a Sonic and I wasn't sure if I gonna sail it for a Jeff Hall

bird25

34/30 Club #25

If your sonic is broken in and you are happy with it, I would say stick with it, the Hall will not be much better at this point, just a bit more forgiving

Laplante

If your sonic is broken in and you are happy with it, I would say stick with it, the Hall will not be much better at this point, just a bit more forgiving
What do you mean by more forgiving., So it s only the durability the advantage to quip my Sonic because I have a guy how wanna buy my Z3000 and Sonic for 230 $ Canadian and I can turn back ride away to buy a Jeff Hall with this amount ,what to you think ?

bird25

34/30 Club #25
What do you mean by more forgiving., So it s only the durability the advantage to quip my Sonic because I have a guy how wanna buy my Z3000 and Sonic for 230 $ Canadian and I can turn back ride away to buy a Jeff Hall with this amount ,what to you think ?

The Jeff Hall sweetspot is a bit larger.

If you can turn those 2 bats into a Jeff Hall with receipt that sounds like a good deal to me

Laplante

The Jeff Hall sweetspot is a bit larger.

If you can turn those 2 bats into a Jeff Hall with receipt that sounds like a good deal to me
So if you have the choice between a Sonic broken and a Jeff Hall for all types of ball , very hard or less , what is your choice ?

SandyWH

#Delicious
You sound like you're hoping someone will talk you into keeping the Sonic.

A) If you already hit everything well with the Sonic it has much more value to you than other people
B) If you don't have time to break in the Sonic, then a well broken in Sonic has quite a bit of value, to you.
C) If you hit the Sonic well, and you like the performance you're getting out of it, there's a chance that the Hall doesn't fit your swing. A sledgehammer one-piece and a legitimate 2-piece with a springy barrel are two very different bats.

THESHOE

Starting Player
This here is correct, but frankly, if you hit 52cor Hot Dot balls like we do, the Sonic sucks nowadays. Even well worked in, (and rolled in some cases I know of with some ppl) It doesn't hold a candle to a worked in Worth/Miken, 2017 or newer Easton, or the Z1000 2018 for Hot Dots.

The handle bend in the Z1000 might be something that is not for you. You may want to try one out first to decide.

Personally i'd sell LS and look to another brand. If you like the Sonic EL, stiffness and weight, there's certainly a Miken DC41 out there that will blow your mind.

You sound like you're hoping someone will talk you into keeping the Sonic.

C) If you hit the Sonic well, and you like the performance you're getting out of it, there's a chance that the Hall doesn't fit your swing. A sledgehammer one-piece and a legitimate 2-piece with a springy barrel are two very different bats.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
This here is correct, but frankly, if you hit 52cor Hot Dot balls like we do, the Sonic sucks nowadays. Even well worked in, (and rolled in some cases I know of with some ppl) It doesn't hold a candle to a worked in Worth/Miken, 2017 or newer Easton, or the Z1000 2018 for Hot Dots.

The handle bend in the Z1000 might be something that is not for you. You may want to try one out first to decide.

Personally i'd sell LS and look to another brand. If you like the Sonic EL, stiffness and weight, there's certainly a Miken DC41 out there that will blow your mind.

I agree, I personally love the sonic for harder balls but the Hall is my choice for 52s

THESHOE

Starting Player
The new 2018 Z1000 are nice with due work into them even to hit 52.

But you have to love the feel, they haven't changed feel wise from the Super Z's IMO - Same nunchuk weird bend about it I never liked. So obviously I was a bit biased and didn't love the new version even if it had a hotter barrel with potential.

Not that I don't love a whippy handle - See my Nautalai love and old Juggy love LOL.

I agree, I personally love the sonic for harder balls but the Hall is my choice for 52s