Questions about the Flipper

SftballFever

Addicted to Softballfans
Can the Flipper Bat handle hitting .44 375lbs comp balls or is it strickly used for the 300lbs comp balls and lower? Any insight will be appreciated, I only wish I asked this before I ordered one. I did look online at the Demarini website, but it didn't read that way too me.

Thanks

jsiders6

Addicted to Softballfans
read the other 20 threads that mention this....anything under 400 and you'll be alright!

pipes5048

Addicted to Softballfans
Flipper

I called Demarini customer service and was told the flipper coming out now (the green ) and the bat in October are not the same bat. The October bat will hit the 52 core balls better, which implies to me that its hotter than the bat out now. They mention no letter that has been talked about in other threads. The green flipper is made to current asa standards according to this customer service person. I also ordered a flipper and if what the rep said is true Im pissed. Pretty cheesy two months later releasing a bat that will be hotter, my bad I should have waited.

Pinky12

I love teh PINK!
I called Demarini customer service and was told the flipper coming out now (the green ) and the bat in October are not the same bat. The October bat will hit the 52 core balls better, which implies to me that its hotter than the bat out now. They mention no letter that has been talked about in other threads. The green flipper is made to current asa standards according to this customer service person. I also ordered a flipper and if what the rep said is true Im pissed. Pretty cheesy two months later releasing a bat that will be hotter, my bad I should have waited.

sounds like you spoke to the wrong person who probably has zero idea what theyre talking about. i would trust the FH's and CL over a customer service rep. just my $.02

Goosepimp

Insane Dedication

Larsen himself said its the same bat just black ....:cool:

UtahD

Coach
With the new ASA standard coming this fall, its hard to believe what anyone says till ASA themselves release the new information...I'm hearing similar buzz from the other manufacturers...

touch415

YoU Ain't ReAdY
sounds like you spoke to the wrong person who probably has zero idea what theyre talking about. i would trust the FH's and CL over a customer service rep. just my $.02

true that i'v heard totally the opposite, but il keep my mouth close.....

Goosepimp

Insane Dedication
With the new ASA standard coming this fall, its hard to believe what anyone says till ASA themselves release the new information...I'm hearing similar buzz from the other manufacturers...

I just don't think Larsen who works on RnD with all the these bats would stick his neck out and say something is GTG and then its not...

Could it be that Demarini is just ahead of the game on these new batted ball standards?

Last edited:

sk31

Unicorn tags for days

I called Demarini customer service and was told the exact opposite. They told me it's the exact same bat with a new paint scheme, they're still working on a letter (put me on hold to see if there was any new developments there...none to report), and ASA knows full well they won't pass a compression test and nobody should care about it. But for the sake of confused tournament directors they are still working on some sort of statement/explanation to make it easier on people who buy one.

UtahD

Coach
I just don't think Larsen who works on RnD with all the these bats would stick his neck out and say something is GTG and then its not...

Could it be that Demarini is just ahead of the game on these new batted ball standards?

Im not saying that, but it could be that the D is ahead of the game and planned ahead...but with the other manufacturers hinting of change...you can read so much from something so small...

Goosepimp

Insane Dedication

Im not saying that, but it could be that the D is ahead of the game and planned ahead...but with the other manufacturers hinting of change...you can read so much from something so small...

Demar was supposed to release the J3A at the same time as the J3U ...but had to go back to the drawing board when the imposing changes were being made to ASA they pushed it back to Fall/Winter ...

You are just now hearing of Easton changing their bats to the new standard when everyone was under the impression that this years releases were inline with the new rules ...

Maybe the flipper was just lucky enough to be approved for it without any changes ...this is just my drunken humble opinion ..:)

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
if the flipper is indeed this 'new standard', how does it compare to current asa/utrip bats?

i'm still trying to decide if i need to bother with a j3u or if the j3a will be good enough. either way, at the end of next april i want to have a new utrip/nsa stamped bat to ensure i'll have something to swing anywhere i play. if i can also swing it in my asa only league and it happens to be better than all current asa bats, that's a definite bonus

Goosepimp

Insane Dedication
if the flipper is indeed this 'new standard', how does it compare to current asa/utrip bats?

i'm still trying to decide if i need to bother with a j3u or if the j3a will be good enough. either way, at the end of next april i want to have a new utrip/nsa stamped bat to ensure i'll have something to swing anywhere i play. if i can also swing it in my asa only league and it happens to be better than all current asa bats, that's a definite bonus

Watch and read the flipper vid a couple posts down

Board bro says its hotter than the J3U :eek:

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
Watch and read the flipper vid a couple posts down

Board bro says its hotter than the J3U :eek:

i've been reading, but i missed that one. thanks.

ps, does the flipper make you swear like a sailor, cause i've been noticing that in the vids as well...:cool:

i guess we'll know more when we see what stamps are on the j3a. part of me is hoping it's just the asa stamp, cause that would make my 'ignorant of all rule changes' asa league a lot more fun

but on the flip side, i'd still need a bat with the new utrip/nsa stamp to play any serious ball in canada

Goosepimp

Insane Dedication
i've been reading, but i missed that one. thanks.

ps, does the flipper make you swear like a sailor, cause i've been noticing that in the vids as well...:cool:

i guess we'll know more when we see what stamps are on the j3a. part of me is hoping it's just the asa stamp, cause that would make my 'ignorant of all rule changes' asa league a lot more fun

but on the flip side, i'd still need a bat with the new utrip/nsa stamp to play any serious ball in canada

Lol it must be so flippin sweet you can't help drop the F bombs while it's pissin lasers haha

a108stiches

Addicted to Softballfans

I have been told by a very good source, that the Black bat will not be out until early next year. My thought is to get a green Flipper now before they are all gone. Very limited supply.

Goosepimp

Insane Dedication
I have been told by a very good source, that the Black bat will not be out until early next year. My thought is to get a green Flipper now before they are all gone. Very limited supply.

Yep I heard the same glad I scooped one up when I was given the chance

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
If the bat has the 2004 ASA stamp, then it was probably tested using the "old" testing procedure (44/375 balls w/85 mph swing speed). Supposedly there is a new ASA stamp that manufacturers can start using soon if/when their bats are tested under the new testing procedure (52/300 ball w/80 mph swing speed). As for what "standard" they're using, it's still a 98 mph BBS for ASA.

Goosepimp

Insane Dedication
If the bat has the 2004 ASA stamp, then it was probably tested using the "old" testing procedure (44/375 balls w/85 mph swing speed). Supposedly there is a new ASA stamp that manufacturers can start using soon if/when their bats are tested under the new testing procedure (52/300 ball w/80 mph swing speed). As for what "standard" they're using, it's still a 98 mph BBS for ASA.

Riddle me this : it's been confirmed by CL22 himself that the green flipper and the black flipper coming out in the winter months are the same bat just with a new paint scheme...if they are same bat other than paint then the green flip must be GTG for any future standards right?

Daurbanlegend

BP Legend
See I thought they were changing it from 98mph to something along the lines of what utrip uses. Heard the 98mph BBS testing isn't as accurate as they would like it to be

snacks

Riddle me this : it's been confirmed by CL22 himself that the green flipper and the black flipper coming out in the winter months are the same bat just with a new paint scheme...if they are same bat other than paint then the green flip must be GTG for any future standards right?

yes but no one has confirmed or denied the fact that its been tested by the other associations.

ogsoftballplaye

yes but no one has confirmed or denied the fact that its been tested by the other associations.

Hopefully it will be but idc if it does or not. Only asa here is church league and you can swing anything not on the ban list in one league. Doesn't matter which stamp. Other league is the 2004 stamp only and anything not on the ban list. My 27oz is in route to me. :D Finally! Ready to get this Ext. and Og Stadium gone. Fixing to be mountain bound!