Quick review of cluggy

Baseball58558

Addicted to Softballfans
Hit the cluggy last night. First time outside. Only took about 7 cuts with it because it was only 50 degrees. Wind was blowing in from left about 15 mph. Used 52/300 ball. Hit 3 out of the 7 about 300 feet. Amd the liners were missles. I am impressed. Love the stiff handle and the endload. Used j3a last year quite a bit and liked it. Just disliked the flex.

u234bob

Blah Blah Blah
I've hit both toghether
27 oz cluggy with <50 hits
27 oz j3a graffiti with 1000 hits no cracks

I like the cluggy more based on feel.
Performance was about the same. But it was comparing a 1000 hit vs a 50 hit bat.

Baseball58558

Addicted to Softballfans
No we didnt wanna use the j3 last night because of the temperature. Thats why I only hit 7 balls with the cluggy. Plan on it thursday though

Imago Dei

Nihil Sine Deo
I've hit both toghether

Performance was about the same. But it was comparing a 1000 hit vs a 50 hit bat.

I agree. Wish my graffiti didn't have a paint crack. Only a few hundred hits on it.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
I've hit both toghether

I agree. Wish my graffiti didn't have a paint crack. Only a few hundred hits on it.

Well lets wait and see if the Cluggy can get to 1000 hits.

pears

Addicted to Softballfans
I have too admit that I am still kinda jelly of the guys getting to hit theirs, I don't think Ill see warm enough weather for a while yet

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
My current juggy has probably 500-600 hits on it, and there's one ball mark on it. If I handed it to you, you'd swear it had one hit on it. Majic erasers are awesome!

Imago Dei

Nihil Sine Deo
I have too admit that I am still kinda jelly of the guys getting to hit theirs, I don't think Ill see warm enough weather for a while yet

I'm kinda in your vicinity and we hit all 3 Sunday, no cracks. J3a crack expanded a tad though. Sixty deg tomorrow, swing away.

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
Right now it's the Juggy in 27oz. Before that it was the AM..... haven't swing a cluggy to compare.

longball32

Underhand HR hitter
My cluggy broke the 1000 hit mark and is a absolute rocket launcher. I've swung it in all temps from 30-60 degrees against 44 and 52core balls. Not going to say its "hotter" then the j3 or juggy but its just as good.. for me its better with the stiff handle and endload.

This bat webs up traditionally so I don't believe its a true j3 barrel since I never got a j3 to spider web and they don't sound the same side by side.

But good news is 1000+ hits and still looks new besides the spider webbing

azsoftball

Whatever
My cluggy broke the 1000 hit mark and is a absolute rocket launcher. I've swung it in all temps from 30-60 degrees against 44 and 52core balls. Not going to say its "hotter" then the j3 or juggy but its just as good.. for me its better with the stiff handle and endload.

This bat webs up traditionally so I don't believe its a true j3 barrel since I never got a j3 to spider web and they don't sound the same side by side.

But good news is 1000+ hits and still looks new besides the spider webbing

READ THAT B-REAL :thumb: I have confident on this bat.

Oh, when am I gonna swing the bat? I am, having 2 other bats making me hard to decide which to use, love the Demarini bats.

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans
To me it really comes down to feel between the juggy and cl22 jug. I liked the j3a and juggy feel over the cl22 so i sold it.... for $275 it was not worth keeping unless i liked it alot and to me it was just ok

tz23

Addicted to Softballfans
To me it really comes down to feel between the juggy and cl22 jug. I liked the j3a and juggy feel over the cl22 so i sold it.... for $275 it was not worth keeping unless i liked it alot and to me it was just ok

Im interested in giving the future a shot, but I have a feeling im gonna feel like you did with the cluggy.

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans
I have the future as well and liked it more than the cl22 jug because i like the endload and feel. The future won't make me put down my j3a or juggy yet but it's a nice option to hit

tz23

Addicted to Softballfans
I have the future as well and liked it more than the cl22 jug because i like the endload and feel. The future won't make me put down my j3a or juggy yet but it's a nice option to hit

I wished I could of kept a J3A together for this year, but it wasnt in the cards. I will see how I feel about my Juggys when they get here and go from there. Im hoping its very comparable to the J3A, if not I will pick one up.... love that bat.

longball32

Underhand HR hitter
I wished I could of kept a J3A together for this year, but it wasnt in the cards. I will see how I feel about my Juggys when they get here and go from there. Im hoping its very comparable to the J3A, if not I will pick one up.... love that bat.

Ive seen Multiple Juggys paint crack just like the j3s so if your hoping for better durability, you might as well be disappointed now. The CL22 hits like them with a endload and so far i haven't had one crack. Pop and distance are the same (or for me they are better) as the j3 and juggy and WAAAAAYYYYY more durable.

This will be a very sought after bat this summer... One already sold on another "auction" site for $500 in 27oz for a reason... I cant ever imagine spending that much on a bat but there will be plenty of people that do. The Cl22 juggy is no JOKE for those that like the feel of it, and if durability is as good on all the others it will outlast 2-3 juggys and j3s.

Baseball58558

Addicted to Softballfans
Hit the j3a and cluggy side by side tonight. Cluggy swung much better for me and was consistently hitting the ball 315+. I just can't stand the flex of the j3. There were a lot of miss hits with that bat. Couldn't consistently hit the sweetspot. Id say they were similar distance wise on the good cuts I had but the cluggy fit my swing a hell of a lot better. Only problem I have is a little bit of an endcap seperation starting after about 250 swings.

tz23

Addicted to Softballfans
Ive seen Multiple Juggys paint crack just like the j3s so if your hoping for better durability, you might as well be disappointed now. The CL22 hits like them with a endload and so far i haven't had one crack. Pop and distance are the same (or for me they are better) as the j3 and juggy and WAAAAAYYYYY more durable.

This will be a very sought after bat this summer... One already sold on another "auction" site for $500 in 27oz for a reason... I cant ever imagine spending that much on a bat but there will be plenty of people that do. The Cl22 juggy is no JOKE for those that like the feel of it, and if durability is as good on all the others it will outlast 2-3 juggys and j3s.

I hear ya but I dont know how it could be more durable, from what I understand its the same barrel as the J3A.... Maybe its the way its set up with the flex ratio being different I dont know. I think its still early to speak on the durability of the cluggy. I had a couple j3s go over 1500 swings without a crack but had some that broke as early as 40-50. Im gonna keep an eye on this, I have seen 27oz J3s selling for 4-500 also. If they are still holding up in a month and I have problems with my juggys then I might have to make a switch. I have no doubt that the performance is there but I really love the J3A, it fits my swing probably like the cluggy fits yours.

Overall the juggy and J3A are very similar, if not the same. I did overall think the j3A is little better in performance. Maybe because mine had a higher hit count. I agree with this bat fitting my swing as well. You guys are right though. These babies are spiking up in price.

Imago Dei

Nihil Sine Deo
More bp last night with cluggy and 14 Juggy. Both very durable, only a few ball marks. Performance, more hrs with Juggy but the farthest was hit with the cl22 asa. If the cl22 asa hits another level, like it feels its going to, look out.

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
I want one of these cluggys. Really do. I have been reading the future is better so far?

I sold my cluggy just because I didn't feel like it had enough endload,never swung it enough to comment on performance. I am a Future enthusist end load is great bat feels like it swings it's self. IMO it perform with any bat out there and yea I have hit most of them;)

Cavett2ea

Droppin **** since 2K
I am a Future enthusist end load is great bat feels like it swings it's self. IMO it perform with any bat out there and yea I have hit most of them;)

Agreed 100%. Demar has out done themselves. There is a bat for everyone now. The future truly does have an extreme endload. Which fits my swing perfectly. But now it comes down to personal preference. All Demars preform as good or better then any of the other bats out.