Quick review of the Ghost 2

Hagen49

I have a few swings on my Ghost 2 now, and thought I would post a quick review here for anyone looking at possibly looking at picking one up.

I was sent a 26 as a replacement for my cracked Helmer Border Battle from last year. The border battle was endloaded, while the ghost 2 is midloaded. The Ghost swings way light as compared to my FF2 and Wild Fire Flex that I had been swinging since September. I would definitely suggest going up at least an ounce over anything endloaded you usually swing.

As far as pop, it's not terrible, but I think the border battle / helmer blue line bats are definitely more potent. Maybe its because of the end loading, but with the shorter barrel and endload it definitely felt like the ball came off harder.

Overall I don't think it's a bad bat, and maybe I would like it more if I had a more comfortable weight for me, but I think there are better options for sure.

Matth

My local league decided to go to league provided bats last year. Unfortunately they chose the Ghost. Never with a bat had I put so many great swings on balls just to have the ball die in the outfield. This year the league upgraded to the Ghost 2. While it’s not my favorite bat, it is a definite improvement over the 1st Ghost. The barrel is harder, it doesn’t compress like a wiffleball bat hitting a bowling ball like its wimpy older brother. It also is able to launch the ball pretty well. I still prefer an endloaded stick, but this guy won’t make you feel like you brought a knife to a gun fight.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Yeah I stand corrected on my thought about the OG ghost. The problem with that bat is the outer shell is extremely flexy so the ball hopps off it but when you get into the inner wall it kills all the pop. The 2 shells dont work together.

jk22

Humpty Dumpty was Pushed.....
Does it have that same coffee can doiik sound? God I hope not. Glad to hear it performs somewhat better.
Got one sent to me as a replacement for my OG ghost. Still in factory wrapper. Has the 750psi compression stamp on the barrel. Is that current test , or maxx after breakin? Wasn't sure.
Just dry swinging it, feels extremely more balanced than ole whitey. Midload as they say. Sweet spot feels like its 6-8" above the connextion piece. Similar to my old S1 Brigade. All my Mikens are EL MaxLoad, which ive always preferred,,
Debating if I should just trade it.

Hagen49

Does it have that same coffee can doiik sound? God I hope not. Glad to hear it performs somewhat better.
Got one sent to me as a replacement for my OG ghost. Still in factory wrapper. Has the 750psi compression stamp on the barrel. Is that current test , or maxx after breakin? Wasn't sure.
Just dry swinging it, feels extremely more balanced than ole whitey. Midload as they say. Sweet spot feels like its 6-8" above the connextion piece. Similar to my old S1 Brigade. All my Mikens are EL MaxLoad, which ive always preferred,,
Debating if I should just trade it.

It does have a similar sound. When you really make solid contact with the ball I like the sound, but you hear a huge difference if you miss at all.

jk22

It does have a similar sound. When you really make solid contact with the ball I like the sound, but you hear a huge difference if you miss at all.
Teammate of mine swung his "19" Helmer, has the exact same 750 PSI stamp on the barrel, sounded pretty decent, but it was off a .44

Hagen49

Teammate of mine swung his "19" Helmer, has the exact same 750 PSI stamp on the barrel, sounded pretty decent, but it was off a .44
I'm not sure what bat that would have been? As far as I'm aware the only ASA bat Easton put out for this year was the Ghost 2. Was it maybe last years Border Battle?

jk22

I'm not sure what bat that would have been? As far as I'm aware the only ASA bat Easton put out for this year was the Ghost 2. Was it maybe last years Border Battle?
Could have been..i didn't catch the date. It was a grey barrel Helmer with the lettering graphics in stars & stripes. Kinda sad lf G2 is the only ASA release for 2019

Last edited:

UncleMosk

Quick session of T work with assortment of 52's. To fence line 335. Of the 8 swings 1 approximate 315. Have Helmer Border Battle that's my gamer and is my line drive bat. Combo sound and speed plays tricks on the infielders.

Anyways onto the Ghost 2. 28 oz. 13.5 Barrel. Same 750 compression as before. Supposedly some new resin to prevent premature breaking that the earlier Ghost had. Hits the ball well out of wrapper, still same clap sound and depending on which part of barrel it resonates more towards the end of the bat. Mid load and swings smooth. As my Helmer think it will need about 100 swings or so to comfortable say it belongs in my bag. Once the price drops on these I will pick up another up. Got a good deal on this site.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sga7t3HNPVq6ipn67

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20190731-230503_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190731-230503_Gallery.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 15

dunkky

it certainly has an unique sound for sure. the balls seem to jump off the barrel pretty good.

Matth

Quick session of T work with assortment of 52's. To fence line 335. Of the 8 swings 1 approximate 315. Have Helmer Border Battle that's my gamer and is my line drive bat. Combo sound and speed plays tricks on the infielders.

Anyways onto the Ghost 2. 28 oz. 13.5 Barrel. Same 750 compression as before. Supposedly some new resin to prevent premature breaking that the earlier Ghost had. Hits the ball well out of wrapper, still same clap sound and depending on which part of barrel it resonates more towards the end of the bat. Mid load and swings smooth. As my Helmer think it will need about 100 swings or so to comfortable say it belongs in my bag. Once the price drops on these I will pick up another up. Got a good deal on this site.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sga7t3HNPVq6ipn67
Nice video. Looks like a great field to hit on. Ghost 2 is a huge improvement over the original Ghost.

UncleMosk

Another round of BP with mix 52's and some 44's. Hit with assortment of bats.

28 oz Ghost 2
28 oz DB Series ASA
28 oz Freak BB ASA
28 oz Viper ASA
28 oz TPS ASA
28.5 Helmer BB ASA

Majority of balls were estimated 315 The Freak hit 2 middle fence with approximate 320 and gamer Helmer had 2 over fence of about 330. The Viper is starting to produce that thwack sound and less pillowy. TPS also starting to warm but might be one that needs the work to get to potential. The DB is starting to be my favorite Demarini in quite some time.

Ghost 2 feels great and produces similar line drives to my gamer Helmer but not there yet.

All of these bats are so close to performance that it's up to the individual to find one they love to swing. I'm a bat monger so I like to try them all.

20190802_075248~2.jpg SmartSelect_20190802-075629_Maps Ruler.jpg

Last edited: