&@&!?&! (rant)

Bubbaboy86

The Veteran
So I head to the field today for the first game of the season. Typically I like to get to the field about an hour early. I'm sitting in my truck listening to the radio waiting for some one else on my team to show. About half an hour before game time and no ones showed yet. I call my coach, no reponse. Now I'm wondering if I pulled a bonehead move and showed up for a game on the wrong day(we play some Monday's and some Thursday's.) I call our first baseman who is usually early like me.

Me: hey man, do we play today?
Him: really? You haven't heard?
Me: heard what?
Him: we don't have a team anymore. The coach decided to cancel the team cause there's to many div. 1 sandbaggers. He's worried someone will get hit
Me: are you ****ing kidding me?

I'm so pissed right now. He couldn't have done this last week so there was at least a little time to find another team.

/rant

creative10

Banned User
Bro I am sorry to hear this but I needed a good laugh and this was it..never heard of anything like this b4...lmao

Bubbaboy86

The Veteran
How did that guy find out?

He's essentially the coaches brother in law

That's what I say to guys I want to cut, too.

I doubt it's that kinda scenario.

maybe not having a schedule should have given you a clue

I never have schedules. If I get them, I lose them. This is the first time they're trying the split days thing.

I see you've got a good relationship with your team.

I'm casual friends with a couple of the guys. I was picked up last spring and asked to stay on for the season. Then asked to come back for fall ball and then th coach called me out of the blue this winter to ask me to play. I got picked up because a good friend played with for the team and recommended me( this year he's moving up to div 1. To give it a shot. I got asked to stay because I'm always there and never(minus this one) *****. I'm an ok player and I know it but I'm not the worst on the team at all.

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
I ate lunch at that Chili's around the corner from the OCC shop. Now Im up in Albany.

Yea, you were like 10 min from my house then. I ate at that Chilis a couple weeks ago. They make a good burger. We got a Texas Roadhouse a while ago that's quickly become my favorite place.

DanGer1285

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm team manager for my men's league, I got a call from one of the guys yesterday asking if I was coming to the game or if he'd messed up. He showed up to the field ready to go... a day early. We had a chuckle, but it was kind of crappy for him because he drove across the city to get there. Double crap because I'd been on the diamond a half hour earlier pitching some BP to my girlfriend to get her in gear for her league on Monday. All our leagues are just starting up, sorry to hear you're out of a team for now. But if your city is anything like mine, there is a revolving door on many teams that needs a new body every week to either temp a spot or fill a hole when someone gets dumped.

KannonsDad

**** you
baby.jpg

spos21ram

The Legend
Wow, that's a BS move by the coach. There is no need to pull a move like this, but if he was thinking about this he should of at least asked everyone on the team their opinion first.

Ferrari1

Addicted to Softballfans
Wow, that's a BS move by the coach. There is no need to pull a move like this, but if he was thinking about this he should of at least asked everyone on the team their opinion first.

yea im with you on this one...should be a team discussion 1st

HrBump13

Addicted to Softballfans
should be a team discussion 1st

Since there wasn't what can you do about that? Nada. I would hang out @ the fields & see if anyone remembers you from last season playing & then picks you up. Good luck.

Ferrari1

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^ yea your right, but if the coach thought that then why didnt he pass the team off to someone else obviously hes the one thats scared to step out on the field why does he have to take that out on everyone else? i just think thats a ***** move

HrBump13

Addicted to Softballfans
I too think it was a crappy decision w/o talking to everyone 1st. In the spirit of competition, I am surprised any Man would just quit like that. Just my $0.02

Sel

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't think coach is the proper name for this tool, how about douche.

If some clown does that to a group of guys he's clueless, and deserves a little retribution. Nothing stopping the guys from regrouping without this knob and seeing if you can get back into the league with a loss? Doubt it, league add/drops don't occur overnight, so this tool had it planned for a long time, why the other players didn't communicate is a whole seperate issue.

Doesn't matter if you're a relative noobie or not, everyone needs to be on the same page, since you weren't, probably better for you to find a new team.

Devil Dog

You like soup?
Division 1? Damn, I'm still all, NJCAA Division 2.

I hope to move up to the NAIA ranks next year though.