Rate My Draft

Hey guys. This was my first fantasy baseball draft ever! I'm really looking forward to the season. I'm hoping to do well since there's decent money involved. It's a 10 team H2H league with the following scoring categories:

Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Hits (H), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Walks (BB), Strikeouts (K), Batting Average (AVG), Net Stolen Bases (NSB)

Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Losses (L), Earned Runs (ER), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Saves (SV), Blown Saves (BSV), No Hitters (NH), Perfect Games (PG), , Complete Games (CG), Shutouts (SHO).

Draft Results:
1. Miguel Cabrera - 1st
2. Ryan Braun - OF
3. David Wright - 3rd
4. Victor Martinez - C
5. Matt Kemp - OF
6. Jimmy Rollins - SS
7. Tommy Hanson - SP
8. Martin Prado - 2nd
9. Jonathan Papelbon - RP
10. Max Scherzer - SP
11. Shane Victorino - OF
12. Huston Street - RP
13. Pablo Sandoval - UT
14. Ryan Dempster - SP
15. Josh Beckett - SP
16. Starlin Castro - BN
17. Angel Pagan - BN
18. Joe Nathan - BN
19. Daniel Hudson - BN

Only 19 rounds total with 4 SPs and 2 RPs. They limited us to 4 bench spots cuz two guys last year who had bad teams were hording good pitchers on their bench. It's my first year ever playing so I really can't complain, but it did seem odd. I know my pitching rotation could be weak, but I'm hoping to bolster it as the season goes on. I'm interested in hear everyone's feedback!

ssf

Too tired to care
1) You're pitching is horrible for a 10 team league.

2) How the hell do you pick up 3 first rounders in a normal league?

1) I know my pitching is pretty bad, but I think I got good value for where I took them in the draft. I was trying to get Verlander in the 6th round but he got taken right before me so I took Rollins instead of reaching for someone else. It will be a work in progress and we'll see where it goes.

2) I have no idea how that happened. I had the 6th pick in a snake draft. A lot of people were going pitching early and Braun fell into the 2nd and then Wright was by far best player available when it was my turn in the 3rd. And the guys I am playing with all have at least a few years experience with this and we all paid $50 entry fee. So who knows, but I'll take it!

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
Your pitching isn't horrible, but I'd have liked to see a top 10 guy as your headliner. Dempster (regardless of BAPlaya's nonsense) is very underrated. Daniel Hudson, great pick. You should be fairly competitive.

Last edited:

ssf

Too tired to care
1) I know my pitching is pretty bad, but I think I got good value for where I took them in the draft. I was trying to get Verlander in the 6th round but he got taken right before me so I took Rollins instead of reaching for someone else. It will be a work in progress and we'll see where it goes.

2) I have no idea how that happened. I had the 6th pick in a snake draft. A lot of people were going pitching early and Braun fell into the 2nd and then Wright was by far best player available when it was my turn in the 3rd. And the guys I am playing with all have at least a few years experience with this and we all paid $50 entry fee. So who knows, but I'll take it!

Well - the good news is that in a 10 team league there are sure to be some some decent pitching choices on the waiver wire if the ones on your staff don't pan out.

BAplaya11

Bombin' Outa Control
its hard to rate a team when the league has so many categories especially when some of them are irrelevant. There have only been 20 perfect games in 130+ years of the MLB so im not sure why that category was chosen, same thing for no hitters as there are usually only 2-3 per year. With that many categories for pitching i probably would have concentrated more on that, but its still possible you could have a good staff. Hitting is solid although im not a fan of Jimmy Rollins, but SS is thin. I appreciate the shout out crimedog, as i agree daniel hudson could turn out be a good pick. Just watch the waiver wire for pitchers that can emerge and you should be fine.