Rawlings 13", PROJD vs PRO303- 6JBT

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
The PRO JD has a fundamentally different shape than the others mentioned. It was originally designed as a softball glove and plays wide and deep, yet short. In fact, I think the 13" versions usually measure close to 12.5". I think a 13" 303 and a 1799 are pretty similar patterns... difference being the 1799 has a much bigger hand opening.

CatchersSB#31

Addicted to Softballfans
My 1799SS (black & blue) is much wider, and about 1/4 inch longer than my 303. It's not really close. The surface area for catching a ball is much smaller on my Rawlings.

CatchersSB#31

Addicted to Softballfans
My 303 is the black and red Heyward marked 12 3/4 btw, not sure if there was ever a difference between those and the one marked 13". But the 1799 is larger in every way.

jrockdog

Splittin Gaps
like Rous said, the PROJD is wide and deep, slightly bigger than a 504, but dwarved by a 1799. Highly doubt my JD is anything more than 12.75 even though its stamped 13

I've never been a player in the 303 market, so I have no opinion there.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
My 1799SS (black & blue) is much wider, and about 1/4 inch longer than my 303. It's not really close. The surface area for catching a ball is much smaller on my Rawlings.

Yep, making a wider gloves pretty much means making a wider hand stall. My experience is that the 13" 303 is the same length as the 1799, but every glove is a little different.

David the Gnome

The Veteran
I own both gloves, the PROJD is wider, deeper, and has wider thumb and pinky. The PROJD also has the unsupported crotch in the pocket, which gives the bottom of the web more flexability. The PRO303 has the reinforced crotch.

I play baseball so I game the PRO303. If I was playing softball my preference would be for the PROJD.

bigwise1

I own both gloves, the PROJD is wider, deeper, and has wider thumb and pinky. The PROJD also has the unsupported crotch in the pocket, which gives the bottom of the web more flexability. The PRO303 has the reinforced crotch.

I play baseball so I game the PRO303. If I was playing softball my preference would be for the PROJD.

How do they compare in length?

Gators21

Manager

Wow, welcome back Gnome!

David the Gnome

The Veteran
How do they compare in length?
They're pretty much the same when you stand them up next to each other. You have to take into consideration the deeper pocket of the PROJD though.

28bcr9e.jpg

Wow, welcome back Gnome!
Thanks!

Reactions: NYC

BOLTMAN21

Manager
They're pretty much the same when you stand them up next to each other. You have to take into consideration the deeper pocket of the PROJD though.

28bcr9e.jpg

So the 13” PROJD is pretty much the same length as your 12.75” PRO303. Did the PROJD get a little shorter after the pocket broke in?

CircleL

Starting Player
I had one of these same JD's and i found the handstall too loose for me. I where a size large batting glove and my hand was sliding around to much.

28bcr9e.jpg

Thanks!

BOLTMAN21

Manager
Got a 303 custom on the way. These JD's keep calling me though. Wish I could try a 13" on somehow to see how it compares to my 1799.