Rawlings 1st Base Glove PRODCT or PROFM

Legend 94

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey guys I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a new Rawlings PP 1st Base glove and would like to hear some opinions on the PROFM19 glove vs the PRODCT. I currently own a Dual Core DCT that was a birthday gift from my better half and she bought the best glove that particular store had & though it hasn't been a bad glove the leather quality just isn't what I'm looking for.

Anyway, I've been playing in the Rawlings glove customizer and now I'm trying to decide between the PRODCT and the PROFM19 with a conventional back and a mod pro H web. If anyone can shed some light on the pros and cons of these it would be much appreciated...

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I think the CMHCB2 is available as a custom.

But in any case, the FM19 plays longer but narrower. Was your Dual Core a DCT? If so, then if you liked it, stick with it. I think most on the forum would argue that the DCT is one of the best softball mitts available. And to think, it first came out in 1960!

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
LoL Unfortunately that wasn't one of the custom glove options...

oh its there :) but its all i can really speak to. As Rous says (and I obviously participate in this practice) if you have found something you like, stick with it. I tried a DCT briefly and the feel of the ball was completely different and I was just lost. I'm sure its a great pattern as evidenced by its popularity, but ive always used cmhcb for hardball and the few times i've tried something different just to see if i was missing out or in an attempt to branch out and just came away thinking I should stik to what I know I like am I am comfortable with. Good luck with your perfect glove!!!

Last edited:

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
I think the CMHCB2 is available as a custom.

But in any case, the FM19 plays longer but narrower. Was your Dual Core a DCT? If so, then if you liked it, stick with it. I think most on the forum would argue that the DCT is one of the best softball mitts available. And to think, it first came out in 1960!

just out of curiosity Rous ( sorry to briefly go off topic) has the cmhc been around since the 70s? it seems its lost popularity as the big 3 or 4 current guys using them have changed...

CapnBooBox

Addicted to Softballfans
Most on here will say DCT (and I agree). Have a custom on the way to me as we speak. The extra width certainly helps for softball in my opinion.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
just out of curiosity Rous ( sorry to briefly go off topic) has the cmhc been around since the 70s? it seems its lost popularity as the big 3 or 4 current guys using them have changed...

Don't know about that one. The bar web started with the DCT and has now gone out of favor. Since the CMHC uses that same web, I have a feeling it has been around since the 1970s.

From my trip to Cooperstown, I seem to remember that Micky Mantle used a DCT in the early 1960s. Somewhere there is a patent drawling for a DCT with the 1960 date on it.