Rawlings DM-1

53ksm

Manager
I got bored on the bay and bought what appears to be a Dale Murphy signature series DM-1. Did a quick sbf and google search on the dm-1 and found basically nothing. Anyone have any info on this glove?

Attachments

• 2017-06-23 00.32.53.png
    2017-06-23 00.32.53.png
    419.6 KB · Views: 58

BretMan

Addicted to Softballfans
That's a new one for me...and I've collected vintage gloves for almost twenty years. There's no record of this model number in any of my collecting guides.

The only Murphy endorsed glove that shows up in the old Rawlings catalogs is the venerable RBG36 from 1984 to 1990. But it wasn't uncommon for Rawlings to issue gloves with unique model numbers if they were being sold through different retail outlets. For instance, Rawlings made glove for K-Mart and JC Penneys that had model numbers different than their usual catalog offerings. It might have even been made for a local Atlanta department store or even as a "glove day" giveaway at the ballpark.

53ksm

Manager
This is the best picture I have on my phone of the palm. The seller sent me some slightly better pics on the computer. In this pics you can see it says personal model under the trophy emblem. You can also make out what looks to be Murphy's name written on the bottom of the trophy. The outside of the thumb has Murphy's signature. 2017-06-25 10.01.11.png 2017-06-25 10.07.40.png

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Dale Murphy didn't game a RBG36, but that was the Dale Murphy Rawlings glove. I seem to recall seeing that the "Personal Model" gloves were the same pattern that the pro wore, but not the same quality level. But someone may correct me on that as it's a bit fuzzy.

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
i found this exact glove at a thrift store once. bought it for $3, threw it on the bay and got a whopping $19.
Nicer than todays cheapies, but just a cheapie none the less

JCglovesUSA

Addicted to Softballfans
This one looks like it is part of the same series that featured the "OZ-1", which was a tribute to Ozzie Smith.
A low-end glove, with a trap-eze web, and vinyl binding.
The palm logo was "Wizard of OZ"......

I have also seen an OZ-1 with an H-web, as crazy as that may sound.

JC