Rawlings Glove Pain?

GloveMan25

Hey guys, just received my new Rawlings glove a few days ago. I already broke it in to my liking, but I’m having one problem. I go 2 in the pinky, and it seems like the welting on the side of the pinky can be felt in the pinky hole on the glove. It is very uncomfortable and even hurts when I close the glove. It seems like this issue became more prudent as I broke the glove in. Any tips to fix this issue? Has anyone else ever experienced this?

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
i have had this issue on the outer thumb side of an a2000 before. basically, you could feel where the welting overlapped and was a little lump that dug into my hand. i put a bit of conditioner on it and then used two mallets. one, i pushed the tapered handle into the thumb spot and held it there where i beat the glove from the outside with the other mallet, basically trying to flatten it out. it never went completely away (i wouldn't expect it to) but it flattened out enough to where i didn't notice it unless i really paid attention to it.

GloveMan25

there are a few people out there that offer to add it to an existing glove
It’s not the hand sewn welting that solves this problem, it’s the fact that the pinky welting is absent in this area. Would these people be able to remove the pinky welting?

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
It’s not the hand sewn welting that solves this problem, it’s the fact that the pinky welting is absent in this area. Would these people be able to remove the pinky welting?

It does solve the problem.

The HSW design removes the pinky welting for approximately 3.5” from the wrist to the first hole of the pinky lace.

No welting, no rubbing.

GloveMan25

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
that's the mallet i used on the inside as well. got one on clearance at some point. used a softball mallet i made on the outside.

thecaptain

Addicted to Softballfans
Having the same problem with my new gloveworks softball pattern single welted glove. As I close the glove (2 in the pink) the area around my pinky knuckle tightens up and presses the welting into the boney area of the knuckle causing some discomfort. Hoping the leather will soften and stretch.
Never had this issue with any other glove, not even my 11.5" gloveworks baseball glove.

GloveMan25

Having the same problem with my new gloveworks softball pattern single welted glove. As I close the glove (2 in the pink) the area around my pinky knuckle tightens up and presses the welting into the boney area of the knuckle causing some discomfort. Hoping the leather will soften and stretch.
Never had this issue with any other glove, not even my 11.5" gloveworks baseball glove.
Yeah man, it’s crazy. I’ve had a few 11.5” gloves that never had this problem. As soon as I move up in sizes, the welting becomes an issue. I’m just thankful for the solutions that have been given.